Xbox Game Studios |OT11| The One with Starfield and Activision Blizzard King

15 may for everyone?

Yeah, and I wonder if there will be a significant graphical change. In that case 40fps will be the mode to go for.

60 fps Settings state that screen tearing will occur without a VRR display.

I have VRR. It’s a game changer. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yup, this is a great update, I’m waiting for Shattered Space Expansion for even more quality of life updates.

3 Likes

Fucking awesome man. Had taken a big break from the game and was ready to get back to it. I’m gonna wait for may 15 now.

I will go for 40fps if the resolution is like 1080p in the 60fps mode. We’ll have to see.

4 Likes

Considering how great of a foundation the game already had, imo, this game is going to be something I come back to every year; I already have 400 hours in it, which if you knew me you’d know that was an insane amount considering it’s only been out for six months and I’ve beaten a hefty amount of games for the backlog challenge. For reference, I’ve very actively played 76 for 4 years and just now have 1100 hours… Starfield has already reached ‘Most-Played Bethesda’ game status from a time played vs time since release :slight_smile:

As for the tech side, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re doing some offloading but would also bet they’re starting to implement more of the Series efficiency boosts (SFS, for example) now that they’ve gotten the game out and can go back and fine-tune the engine. Add it to the list of reasons I don’t like DF-style reviews anymore considering almost every major game that has a substantial lifespan has significant technological enhancements through said lifespan. Also, while I disagreed with plenty of reviews of the game from the known quantities, it’s also why I’d argue reviews are becoming more and more meaningless, especially when re-reviews of titles are rarely, if ever, completed and I could say the same thing about the mechanics/gameplay loops as I did the technological side.

6 Likes

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1785698338920178007?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

6 Likes

Nah, this is BS. If Sony can go a year with only having one First party title, then Xbox can go a quarter without a game, especially when they drop them month after month at the end of the year. You’re saying it would be better if a game was just held for no reason?? Dumb as hell, If it’s ready and has at least a month of space, it’s fine.

4 Likes

https://x.com/charlieintel/status/1785715612011909563?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

And so it begins with Xbox crossover its own franchises.

8 Likes

Que? What’s BS, my opinion?

I don’t give a sh*t about the PS release schedule.

My personal preference is to get a regular release cadence on Xbox rather than waiting 3-6 months at a time for multiple releases back to back where I won’t have time to play them all.

I also feel it would help with the general hype with Xbox/GamePass rather than having these big peaks and lulls.

That’s my personal opinion/preference and if you want to call me dumb or any other insult to make yourself feel better about it then that’s on you…

4 Likes

Mamamia

7 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1785744878338470212?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Slick way to foot note the updates in one graphic.

6 Likes

Just a thought, but in this situation there’s nothing stopping you from artificially creating that regular release cadence for yourself by simply playing some of those games later during the lull. You could even make it a whole thing, by not consuming any adjacent media (like reviews and trailers) until closer to your own personal launch date.

Could be kinda fun. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

This is what I advocate for whenever someone suggests games get delayed just to meet a release Cadence lol.

2 Likes

True, I could also go back and play Forza Horizon 3 but my friends/family won’t be playing/discussing it and there will be no hype about it :wink:.

Being on a Xbox forum almost daily and watching various weekly Xbox podcasts means there is literally no way for me to avoid spoilers, reviews and footage.

I want to be able to join in with the hype and discussion both online and with friends/family.

Wouldn’t it also be better for Xbox as a platform to have regular continuous hype about their releases rather than peaks and lulls?

3 Likes

Yeah, just not better to the point of delaying games lol. Either they never announce dates (or even windows) and hold game releases for a cadence or they release them when they are ready.

Nobody wants to know that thr game they have been waiting for (Avowed for instance) is delayed for 6 months because of something silly like the fact that COD is dropping in the same quarter.

Not everyone is interested in every game, even if they do have Game Pass.

4 Likes

I must have my individual corporate marketing cycles to wow me…

Rather than getting to play the games.

/s

3 Likes

Sure. I get that. And my proposal won’t fix that, so if that’s important to you I can understand your stance.

Maybe? Probably. But truth be told, I couldn’t care less. It doesn’t matter to me whether Xbox is first or last in marketshare.

If I had any concerns about the future of the Xbox brand and the Game Pass platform, I’d probably care about that, but I don’t. I think both are fine, better than fine really, and will be around for decades to come. So… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They called me a mad man for wanting a 40/60 fps mode for Starfield.

Knew the game was capable of doing it, always held out hope for it.

4 Likes

Capable for XSX, not XSS. Pure speculation but maybe they allow it after BG3.