Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Don’t worry about it… you’ll still get game time in. For the first 6 months they just shit and sleep :joy:

3 Likes

In case anyone is missing some context, it’s bonfire night in the UK tomorrow so it’s a normal sort of time for fireworks. Still though, I don’t exactly think a lot of companies put on their own fireworks displays for their staff so they still deserve a bunch of credit, this is pretty cool.

3 Likes

Respectfully, I hope it isn’t for you. SoD should remain very much a systems-focused game, where maintaining a camp of survivors is paramount.

1 Like

You can still have systems focused game and still make it more “cinematic” for lack of a better word

SoD2 was fun but at no point did I care about losing any of my characters or really anything in the world quite frankly

Part of that is because the characters all play almost the same so if you lose one you have no reason to care but it’s also because none of the characters have any personality whatsoever

They can easily improve both of these things

3 Likes

Yes, but the person I quoted is specifically asking for the game to be focused on a single character and to strip away the survival gameplay…which isn’t SoD.

4 Likes

I’ve got 5 kids (youngest 4 and eldest 15) and I still found time to game when they were all younger. You’ll be fine. You’ll even learn to game while nursing a baby too.

1 Like

Sorry @MasterChief for taking over your post mate

2 Likes
1 Like

100% they don’t play Xbox games and are clueless about the ecosystem. They didn’t play Grounded or State of Decay 3. I doubt they will play Pentiment

6 Likes

I agree. Basically it is becoming a situation where people are aware that Xbox is popular, but they haven’t been exposed to Xbox community and gaming that much so they just rely on their superficial knowledge.

I think it will become better.

3 Likes

I’m expecting Diablo IV at The Game Awards and Jez is right, it was leaked weeks ago that it will be there. Only question is do we get a release date for the actual game or the release date for the open beta in January or both??? :thinking:

That is what I’m talking about! Asobo will be bought sooner than later! Codeveloping games are fun!

I just wish other podcasts that actually play and cover Xbox weekly would get these major interviews with Phil and Matt.

2 Likes

I agree, but unfortunately the most popular and well known podcasts are often skewed towards more Sony news anyway. But damn imagine Phil Spencer on Iron Lords Podcast :joy:

2 Likes

Phil talking to King doing his Jim Ryan would kill me

6 Likes

Yeah it sucks that it’s often the same kind of clueless people.

2 Likes

Superchats and chats would be crazy too. And yeah, King doing Jimbo impression would be nuts :joy:

I just tried Xcloud on my laptop through the Xbox app and its AWFUL. Even tried it with ethernet and its garbage

I’m using the same Wifi on my Android phone and cloud is perfect running a game at 1080p60FPs(persona 5)

But on my laptop its just terrible with skipped sound like half a second controller input lag and the image just lags behind badly.

Is xcloud on desktop just poorly done or something? or maybe there’s more bandwidth required for a higher video quality image…but that can’t be the case because my laptop is 1080p max and my phone is actually of a higher resolution. Weird

Also I hope they improve that along with allowing button inputs from keyboard to be assigned to a controller. Would help make playing xcloud games a lot better. full on keyboard support would be the next step but first step would be to map buttons. Touch controls exist on mobile so not sure why they haven’t implemented an alternative for computers. especially laptops

That would be insane. Don’t buck up on me Jim!!! lol

I think you are supposed to play through a browser, not the app.

1 Like