Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

The answer to DOTA and LoL from MS will be wild.

The MOBA hype train is long gone. Would rather have something else like a Smash clone or Marvel vs Capcom.

Doesn’t it still generate money and attention, at least compare to the ones you listed? Don’t get me wrong, I would actually prefer those over MOBA, but I believe the former is still more akin to casual audience. I could be wrong however.

Casual audience are looking at the newest trend or what people play on Twitch.

And because of Game Pass it really doesn’t matter if it’s a MOBA or a brawler.

But a game like Marvel vs Capcom would be very cool. ABK vs Bethesda vs XGS or something like that.

1 Like

Why would anyone want to play this (old games)?

-Jim Ryan.

6 Likes

Yeah, why would anyone want to play old games when you can just remake games like Last of Us 2 and sell them at $70. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UESP_net/status/1682059750085623810?t=sPylg_u82PpFN3U7UYJLBQ&s=19

4 Likes

The real question is, did he have an idea for a story and just slanted the numbers to fit his story?

Do you think Microsoft will be able to order an Ori 3 from Blizzard? They seem like the Perfect Studio created a small team of 100-120 out of 6000 employees and made a sequel to Ori and The Will of The Wisps. Moon Studios was created by Blizzard alumni and Blizzard certainly has the best artists in the industry.

1 Like

Probably not. If we looking at the XGS and Zenimax, Microsoft let them make their own decisions.

After Halo Infinite and Redfall I could see a more hands on approach, but not on that level to “order” a specific game.

But Phil Spencer said it would be different for ABK because there’s a lot of restructuring to do, he said he doesn’t want all of Activision Studios working on CoD anymore, he also said he wants to do longer development cycles for CoD, he’d also like to bring back old IPs like HeXen and he’d like to sit down at a table to talk about Starcraft III with Blizzard. It looks like Microsoft is going to fit Activision Blizzard King much more than other Studios.

1 Like

Before even cutting the yearly CoD release, you have to look up if it’s even worth it. And even before that Phil and his team will probably ask every studio what their plan is in the future. Bringing back x IP is nice, but only if someone wants to work on it. It’s also possible to give to a third party developer.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean he’s going to force them to make a game, it’s likely that Phil will ask at each studio what they want to do. Even pitch ideas of reviving older IP, but unless they want to do it, I don’t believe he will force it(like how some are forced to work on CoD).

Others than that he and his team and Publishing will be looking to make 3rd party deals for games that could include the revival or continuation of the IPs.

New job post at MS Careers. They had this post in July 2022 right before the hiring freeze began. I wasn’t aware of this group called Xbox Emerging Technologies

Principal Software Engineer, Gaming AI | Microsoft Careers

“At Xbox Emerging Technologies, we are exploring new emerging technology trends to craft the next era of gaming.”

"The Principal Software Engineer will work within incubation projects to implement new features, tools and technologies leveraging cutting edge AI and machine learning. These span the gamut across videogame experiences and new platform tools. "

"Role requires a combination of technical excellence with depth of expertise in game development, game engines, game testing/automation, build and assets pipelines as well as in machine learning. "

I think AI will speed up game creation and quality a lot in the future, which is great as most AAA games take several years to make and they can still be pretty buggy. Should also help with live service titles as apparently QA takes a lot of time when implementing new features in every season.

Xbox/MS will definitely have an edge in this area.

8 Likes

I really don’t think Blizzard would be a good fit for something like Ori.

The best choice would be to get Team Cherry to do it but even that is very unlikely. They won’t go back to Moon for obvious reasons, so unless they get a studio with the caliber of Team Cherry or MercurySteam or something, it probably won’t happen.

You should value them as unique games with no sequels.

1 Like

Team Cherry don’t have the artistry and animations of Moon Studio I’m fine with Hollow Knight being a really good Metroidvania but it’s sort of very simplistic to me only AAA devs who worked at Blizzard can handle the Universe of Ori it takes massive artistry and amazing animations to nail an Ori game

Team Cherry also consists of like 3 core people. They couldn’t create a game with a pv of an Ori.

if xbox bought team cherry they coud fund them and staff them up so they get stuff done quicker

Superhero game, and get the transformer’s license back. Xbox need super mass market appeal casual games.