Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

A tactics game with Obsidian’s storytelling and character beats would have top 10 all-time potential for me.

3 Likes

I need josh on one last big aaa rpg before he rides off into the sunset. Whether that is a new fallout or a new ip I don’t care.

1 Like

True. If it had a single player/solo mode I’m sure Bleeding Edge would have been much more successful.

2 Likes

Wonder if Todd was talking about ZenimMax Online mobile project.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1597980538299637768

Have yet to take the time out to watch the interview with Todd but I saw a tweet that he praised the XSX and that he’s gonna make it “sing” in regards to Starfield.

Morrowind was pretty crazy back in the day on XBOX, and Oblivion sure as hell too, great looking games.

:grin: A new Fallout to tide us over

Juicehead speculates it’s spyteam based on a post from resetera

Fallout Shelter 2

Extremely selfish of me. But I hope when the abk deal closes. They can stop work on fallout 76. I’m sure the revenue from abk would be massive.

Bethesda Maryland is still a relative small studio for the size of games they make. Look how many people worked on gow:r.

The people working on fallout 76 could be moved onto elder scrolls to give it the manpower it needs or the next mainline fallout game. So the wait isn’t too long.

1 Like

Santa Monica is a two team studio, so not everyone there is working on GoW:R. It’s also hard to say how many people from Bethesda are currently working on Fallout 76 since Double Eleven was brought on to make new content for FO76.

As for the next Fallout, who knows really. There are rumours that Obsidian is setting up a team for a New Vegas type game, but there is as yet zero indication this is anything but a rumour and BGS themselves are constantly hiring to increase their capabilities, but this isn’t in any way a guarantee you will see FO5 this decade.

1 Like

Good post. I see what you mean. I just feel like they have been punching above their weight for a while. Their budget and size should be increase. Imo elder scrolls 6 is xboxs biggest Title coming by far. Bigger than fallout 5.

1 Like

Didn’t they recently hire two supper studios to help with Fallout 76?

1 Like

Todd has explained before, It’s not necessarily about manpower or budget, it’s their structure and culture and focus. If we get both Starfield and TES6 in this generation it will actually be great output by AAA standards and the incredible scope and complexity of BGS games. Fallout 5 is impossible in this generation, next best thing (or best thing to some) is a Fallout by Obsidian. And if all three hit this generation, it would honestly be more than good enough for Xbox.

1 Like

I can definitely see us ending the console generation with TES VI, one hell of a way to go out. Even though I hope it will be sooner.

Tes 6 for the release of next gen would be huge.

Yeah, as a launch exclusive it would be huge. But I think it will come out earlier as TES6 will use Creation Engine 2 and thus BGS will not need to wait for the engine to be finished. Maybe we will get a remaster if TES6 comes out late this gen :thinking:

1 Like

Has anyone listened to the interview where Todd said that Indiana Jones isn’t an action adventure but a game that does “many things”?

I wonder what he means by that. What I do know is this forum is gonna have a hard time if it’s not a 3rd person game lol.

3 Likes

It’s going to be Fable The Journey! Let’s go!

2 Likes

It’s gonna be a text adventure :wink:

For realz though, I did listen to it. Lex asked him if it’s gonna be a more action adventure game and Todd didn’t answer directly to that but said it’s gonna be a unique game and a pitch he had for over a decade, will do many things like a mashup.

Personally I think it will borrow from a bunch of genres, like Jedi Fallen Order which took from Uncharted, Dark Souls, metroidvanias, and general action adventure games stuff.

This game is not going to be what people think. Honestly for me, even if it’s FPS or 3rd person, the time frame Indiana is set in, doesn’t do it for me. The occasional old machine gun he may have, his revolver and his whip…yeah. And I’m a huge 1st 3 Indy fan also. Even at the announcement…I was like…“ehhhhh…ok” lol. My 2 cents for my mind process lol :person_shrugging:t2: