Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

If Microsoft no shows TGA, that would suck especially since im expecting a few things from them to be there. At least Diablo IV seems like a lock for TGA.

As someone who doesn’t give two shits about ABK outside of Diablo IV, this acquisition is becoming far more trouble than it’s worth, at least for me anyway.

5 Likes

At most they may not show the Bethesda stuff

But high chances of PD being there

Idk I would go with caution and not show anything at TGA unless its releasing Jan-Mar. At the end of the day, every single effort needs to go into making Xbox look good.

Even for Jan-Mar games, I might wait until after the FTC ruling.

Jez just replied to Idle Sloth and said its speculation not rumor btw.

Only because lots of eyes are on the show? Or would you reckon MS would even hold off on having a dedicated stream for something like Redfall and just release it once it’s done, which is still expected for H1 2023? As is Starfield still too.

All speculation

1 Like

What’s all this talk about ES6 exclusivity and it being a ‘mid’ sized game. Can’t find a source anywhere lol

It’s in MS’s documents but has been taken out of context. It basically argues only games that are too large due to network effects (i.e. CoD and Minecraft) or too niche to generate a healthy ROI go multiplat. It’s basically spin, but well realized stuff.

6 Likes

Pretty much everything MS is telling regulators from their own games sucking, to Xclouds slow growth, to gamepass missing targets to ES6 not being important is self depreciating to get the deal done. They dont mean any of it.

4 Likes

Yeah they are now talking on twitter about how TES VI won’t be as big as Starfield either. I think anyone could have guessed that. Starfield has 1000 planets or so? So obviously when talking size Starfield wins that.

Yeah it’s all bs. But media is eating it up. Actual headline: “Many PlayStation games is of a higher quality than Xbox games - According to Microsoft”. And then the comment section is as you would imagine at a Cult party. This stuff is really making Xbox look like shit to the uninformed.

Interesting marketing.

2 Likes

Don’t bother me bro. I’d rather they say that and nab ABK then be prideful and walk away with nothing.

1 Like

To be fair Sony has been saying much the same thing. None of their games are on COD’s level,and there is no way for them to produce a shooter even half as good. (Despite owning fucking Bungie) the media just (predictably) chooses to focus on the MS side.

2 Likes

Wanted to try the new Sea of Thieves season but matchmaking is broken. Our galleon couldn’t find anyone after 20 minutes.

With a sloop, I find games in less than 2 min in general. Maybe they are not many people with galleons optin in with PvP, and that’s why it is taking such a long time.

Should there be a Halo 3 20th anniversary remake? It’s coming up in 5 years.

1 Like

At the rate 343i is outputting, staying their course but getting more hired should be their best bet. Keep the support for MCC. Do what they can to keep Infinite alive, and pray both Project Tatanka(?) and The Endless give Halo that recognition on a bigger scale again.

1 Like

Absolutely. Hire Saber Interactive and Blur again for the campaign.

1 Like

Just finished PoE1 on Series using Cloud. What a great game, even though I’m not a fan of CRPGs. I had to put the game on easy mode so I could enjoy the story and not worry about the archaic CRPG combat.

Obsidian are sitting on a incredible world full of interesting lore. Now I’m really hyped for Avowed, especially for its story.

4 Likes

I could really be into the PoE Tactics game idea that Josh brought up on XCast :eyes:

3 Likes

One of the benefits that Xbox can get out of Bethesda game studios are single-player games that have a much longer shelf life than your average title. I hope that they launch Starfield’s launch out of the park. The money spend on advertisements and hype means nothing if the launch version of the game isn’t enjoyable.

2 Likes