Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I watched the show, and Jez said he heard vague rumours in every direction. He also said he didn’t want to get slothed/quoted on this.

The part about MS potentially not showing up due to the ABK deal is Rand self-admittedly tinfoil hatted speculation.

11 Likes

that’s what i feared the most… looks like the playstation is doing something similar too. i think we’ll see Redfall and that’s it. it will be disappointing.

We don’t know at this point. If the deal does not close, Microsoft will have bigger problems than a showcase though

Arguments that Sony used in their response in CMA fall apart just by using Google search, yet they did them so.

It was speculation on Rand’s part, and Jez said he heard vague rumours in every direction. Basically nobody knows anything.

3 Likes

Let’s hope all goes well for them yeah, it’ll be a great relief once this shit is over with. Redfall can release without a showcase if need be, Starfield too.

It is a speculation, sure. Just like everything surrounding TGA :joy:

The main prooblem is that ABK deal sucked the air out of everything at this point. Media, twitter, people - all are talking about that deal. And we have FTC announcing their decision in December too.

1 Like

“It’s just business.”

This might sound harsh but im really starting to despise this twitter account, he’s either posting information he’s straight up told not to or it’s endless misinformation

Anyway…if MS isn’t showing much, I doubt it will have anything to do with regulators, not sure why showing a couple of trailers would change anything and the whole “Sony delayed showcase because of ABK” has always sounded like nonsense

It’s far more likely they realise they simply don’t need one right now after having a whole bunch of SoP’s throughout the year and are selling out regardless, not to mention games simply might not be ready to show

1 Like

Yeah, I always found the Sony held no showcase because of ABK to be copium. The more likely answer is just that a ton of Sony’s pipeline is not ready to be shown yet.

5 Likes

It is. They showed Rise of the Ronin and that J Action game. That was their showcase.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s so f***ing boring at this point. I tune out immediately when that shit is brought up.

2 Likes

Just wait till CMA releases some responses from other companies :joy: And then we enter December with FTC :joy:

The Game of Acquisitions

I don’t mind acquisitions, or talk thereof, in general but this ABK-shit is getting silly. Corporations, media, regulatory bodies, fans, influencers… all behave like children and/or in the most boring, repetitive way possible.

7 Likes

Nuh Uh!

:wink:

3 Likes

2 Likes

I wonder what games are coming the next month to Game Pass. I guess we will learn the next week?

They are just being honest to themselves this time.

1 Like

Eh, not buying it.

I get that line of thinking but eh lol.

1 Like

Wouldn’t MS have to disclose their plans to regulators?

Sony doesn’t iirc, but I’m not sure if this would make a difference for MS.

That said, I’m not in the loop in general RE: all these fucking regulators.

Microsoft ain’t gonna not show up at TGA because of the ABK deal lol, like I understand Sony not haing a huge showcase which shows a ton of hype with many announcements but Microsoft not showing up to a 3rd party event with 1 or two trailers is not really the same.

I also don’t think Sony didn’t have a showcase this year because of the ABK deal, it was because they don’t have much to show to warrant one.

5 Likes

I never liked the Batman Arkham camera. Way too close. I would play Asylum crouched just so I could move the camera back. lol

Agree in regards to CDPR giving us plenty of options.