Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I don’t want them to be a sequel farm in general. Do new things. Prey was possibly my favorite game last gen, but I say leave it there. Their style lends itself to so many possibilities.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be surprising if iD were helping

but I also don’t think them helping is a response to last years showing and more that they were always planned to help/have been helping the shooting

Plus for me the main issue with the last showing wasn’t the actual shooting, just the performance, if you watch that footage in 60fps it looks great

I want Arkane to have the freedom to make what they want but man, Prey was a masterpiece, it would make me sad knowing it would never get a sequel or spiritual successor

There’s so much they could explore with the story/themes/gameplay of that universe with the mimics and powers

Again. Grown man unironically talking about videogame customers like they’re some sort of oppressed minority. It’s video games. Stop being so god damn serious about it. And stop with the dumb team narrative. Let’s pray for xbox fans so they wont starve due to a lack of gotys.

2 Likes

The shooting itself is great, agreed. But the inconsistent hit reactions were odd. The first two dudes the player shoots don’t react at all, looked very off. But the guy after that drops dead in a rather realistic say, same with the dude that gets treated with the shorty. But I have no doubts the hit reactions will be concistent in the final product.

I think they should do Dishonored 3 because first and foremost, fans want it (including me) and second, it should be an easy comeback win for Arkane Austin. Third, the turnaround for a shorter linear immersive sim should be quicker than the six years in between Prey and Redfall. Then, they can go to a new IP.

Are people really listening to specific car brand podcasts? Like what are they talking about on a weekly basis? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But that ending left us with questions, I really thought at that moment a sequel would absolutely come.

I was asking myself the same question as I own a Model 3 and do follow what Tesla does quite a bit yet have no idea what content they have to talk about, unless it’s a quarterly podcast which I doubt.

2 Likes

Ryan and IGN don’t value the games Xbox makes. If they don’t make 3rd person, over the shoulder narrative driven games it either doesn’t count. It’s sad really

3 Likes

More reason to not listen to him. I want variety in my games. 1st person, 3rd person, Isometric, 2D, and not just graphics whore 3rd person cinematic games all the time.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t understand the “I regretted buying an Xbox, better PS5” comments. If you are into the cinematic games that Sony makes, you buy the PS5. If you’re into Microsoft exploring different genres, then get an Xbox. For example, I really don’t feel the need to have a PS5 because I’m tired of the usual games made by Sony. They all have too similar gameplay structure. After Gravity Rush 2, I stopped playing the PS4 and only pulled it out when third party exclusive games like Persona 5 and Final Fantasy VII Remake came out. The only reason I’d be interested in PS5 is only for games like Final Fantasy XVI, a third party game that Sony paid not to release on Xbox.

8 Likes

I like unanswered questions.

I think it’s more fun to think about the possibilities than get some definitive answer that, in general, ends up unsatisfying.

It’s the same concept as in horror. The movie/story is always most interesting before the monster is revealed/unknown is explained.

1 Like

It’s not about the 3rd person cinematic adventure games, just about big, great games that many people can enjoy. This generation Xbox only had Forza Horizon 5, and a bit of Halo, which was good and fun, but you could see it ran through several problems very easily, and not just on the multiplayer side.

Flight Simulator, Train Simulator or games like Dreams, while good and interesting, aren’t normally counted as these kind of games, they never have been.

And Pentiment or HiFi Rush are very good but yea quite nice and have a small public.

It’s quite clear that this 2,5 years from Xbox have been very bad compared to X360 or X1’s first years, but it’s getting boring to read Ryan lately saying the same thing with different words on each tweet. And i do agree that his take on Tomb Raider was really stupid too.

Would disagree. The best x1 game in the first two years was Ori (horizon 2 and sunset were nice as well) and the series already had a couple games on that level. Hifi, psychonauts, halo, horizon 5.

3 Likes

I think what helps is not missing out on Japanese games if you own a PS5. While I am tired of some of the Sony franchises, but you can’t deny the Japanese games they get, and most of the time you don’t miss out on third party deals. I feel the third party support is what gives Sony the edge because 1st party exclusive wise I don’t think there’s that big of a gap that many feel. However, third parties gravitate towards Sony which hides periods when they have gaps of major releases.

Personally I want to see PlayStation fall on its face this generation.

Arrogant PlayStation isn’t good for the industry, and the cult wing of PlayStation fandom is unbearable.

Someone has to say it, you guys are being a little too kumbaya :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

To be fair that can be said of most of IGN. The “can’t spell ignorance” saying is old, like older than the xbox brand.

Just saw an ad for Xbox on YouTube for Diablo IV, it even had the Xbox logo in flames at the end, pretty cool

7 Likes

Imho, PlayStation Studios heavy hitters are arguably the best looking and most polished games out there. I think that’s pretty fair and clear.

Nintendo and From don’t miss from an overall quality standpoint and while not always technically the best the highs massively over shadow performance.

Microsoft Studios seem to make games that get people hooked and where they acknowledge the flaws but they keep playing the same games. Halo, Fallout, Skyrim, Sea of Thieves, Grounded. They get played a ton but objectively may not be the best. They are hella fun and often way more variety

It’s simply what do you look for. Do you care about presentation? Or do you care about gameplay. Lately, I’ve learned I care about story, gameplay and the music. If 2/3 of those aren’t good then the games not me for.

Also because of gamepass at the end of the day, Redfall has a ton of issues technically? Fine I can wait for patches.

Xbox has variety. And that’s great.

2 Likes