Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Hi-Fi Rush is indeed a great game.

I see you disagree with me, that’s fine. But why? Sea of Thieves in no way was a masterpiece at launch, I hope we’re not kidding ourselves here.

1 Like

Well, you see, the only games that are “good” are ones that you watch more than you play and half of what you play is just holding forward so two characters can have a 30 minute scripted dialog sequence before you enter another wide arena to fight the same handful of enemies for the 30th time before your next 20 minute movie sequence.

11/10

11 Likes

You can do that with any game. God of war? Good game but lacks any multiplayer or co-op. Spider-Man - good game but open world a bit repetitive.

The point is that the narrative can be set however you want it.

HiFi Rush could be one of the most inventive and unique games released in years and a contender for game of the year. Or you could say it’s a niche title that is irrelevant.

This is my issue with Ryan et al. They are simply parroting a narrative set by an online community.

10 Likes

I’m surprised sometimes he is still working for IGN and this well known when he often seems to lack a lot of knowledge on the people/games he talks about. I mean, don’t know how long he’s been in the industry but he seems far behind other industry veterans and has weird takes sometimes.

2 Likes

Flight Sim and Forza Horizon 5 released not too long ago ?

But racing and flight simulation are not real games so they don’t count. /s

6 Likes

Another embarrassing tweet from Ryan.

9 Likes

I’m not saying SoT, but Hi-fi Rush came out this year and checks all the listed points. Redfall is an outlier that people have been spinning to get clicks from others and unfollows from me.

4 Likes

Not every Arkane Austin fan wants a Prey sequel. Since they do have experience and knowledge with Dishonored, im hoping they do Dishonored 3. From Arkane Lyon, im hoping for a Shadowrun game. Hehe.

He has a Tesla podcast. Do you think his tweets are like ‘Tesla really needs a killer car release that gets them above Ford. They’ve had some good cars but it’s been a lean streak and then Elon isn’t very popular. I really want them to win. They need a car that is a must have.’

5 Likes

Ryan’s put everybody on Fallout duty take was bad but this Redfall stint has been a masterclass of shit.

4 Likes

I love 808!!!

6 Likes

My way or the highway. Basically sums it up.

1 Like

Ryan is on a mission to hate on Xbox. Why he hosts Podcast Unlocked is still is a mystery to me. This isn’t recent, this is years of bad takes.

Let’s take his most recent take about masterpieces. His own outlet has rated the following Xbox games as “masterpieces”:

• Pentiment: 10/10
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator: 10/10
  • Forza Horizon 5: 10/10 (Won IGN GOTY)

Also, Halo Infinite was given a 9/10. From the console perspective, these were all released less than 2 years ago.

But Xbox has a games problem right…

In regards to the competition, the only PS title to reach that height in the same timeframe was “God of War Ragnarök”. Only Nintendo game to reach that in the last few years was just today, Tears of the Kingdom. The take that Nintendo games are a shoe-in for GOTY discussion is awful. They are included for Zelda. That’s it. Otherwise they get regulated to a family category.

Let’s not forget these wonderful takes:

• “So Rise of Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive, and IMO nobody wins in that scenario except Microsoft & petty fanboys”
  • Saying to drop Grounded and Awoved, and force Obsidian to work on Elder Scrolls 6.

Or this:

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/1653199512012460035

Completely forgetting all the great games that have been available since the Series consoles released.

Can we just agree that IGN and especially Ryan are not being honest with their discussions about Xbox?

I’m over IGN.

21 Likes

The easiest thing is to make every game sound like shit by focusing on it’s weakest aspects or make it irrelevant because “reasons”.

It’s infuriating how he casually dismisses such an amazing game like Hi-Fi Rush (which is also the most polished release at launch this year by far)…and those are the people that supposedly want fresh ideas/more innovation, new IPs and not the same stuff over and over again from the big publishers. The hypocrisy is on a whole other level.

11 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. It’s embarrassing! Like why should I support your outlet and you constantly come up with takes like this. They hand wave issues with Nintendo and Sony but when Xbox has issues it’s the worst ever! Ryan constantly has bad and hypocritical statements. Maybe he should be on the PlayStation side instead. I’m sorry to go off topic. Anyways Hi-Fi Rush is a game of the year candidate and everyone should play it!

7 Likes

What’s frustrating about these talks are as a person with both consoles none of the PS5 exclusives had a wow factor for me. Actually, I should say Ragnarok did for the most part, but there were many parts that I loathed with the game and it did get to a point where I wanted it to be over.

I’ll say about PS5 exclusives this gen the first party PS5 games are technically well made, but I don’t feel there has been any wow factor in terms of gameplay for me. I might sound like a fanboy saying this, but HFW was just a pretty game with no substance because that gameplay was very boring tbh, but technically it was wonderful.

1 Like

Sony is at the top. so they became cautious and risk adverse. All the games now are sequels and remakes, because this is what you do when you are afraid to lose the success. Only outsiders take risks because they have no choice except disrupt the system.

So today, with Sony games, you play very well made games because the teams are talented and experienced, but the same gameplay because it worked in the last generation.

1 Like

I can’t believe Xbox gamers are still listen to this guy. His takes are beyond dumb. I stop listen to him like 2 years ago, when he said MS should kill Grounded.

1 Like

I doubt it but…4chan has been right about some stuff in the past, not a whole lot but…

But…

That is true.

3 Likes

Don’t mind one way or another to be honest. Family stick together.

2 Likes