Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I want to see Perfect Dark gameplay already.

3 Likes

I wish he didn’t do this. You’d think a brand new Fallout has been confirmed to be in development. Then you watch the video and he just goes over everything Obsidian, Todd and Phil has said.

That being said, I didn’t know Phil has apparently said he wants to see a new Fallout on Xbox before the end of this console generation. Where he got that from?

The tweet…

You can’t trust anything on Twitter…

1 Like

It’s not cool that he does this, because otherwise he does often have good content. He doesn’t need to do this. I guess “Let’s discuss a future Fallout spin-off” isn’t a catchy tweet.

And if Colt genuinely thinks a new Fallout will come in 2025…lol. And in the video he even covers the facts that Obsidian has Avowed coming next and then ToW 2, how sway?

1 Like

I mean he does make his yearly “Xbox E3 video” which he presents as facts, but it’s pure speculation. Just ignore it.

2 Likes

I do want to know if Phil really said that though, because that would be cool. Still won’t be any earlier until after ToW 2. So it’s gonna be a long, long wait no matter what.

If they started Fallout now, it’d probably be out around the same time as Elder Scrolls, which is short compared to what it’d be otherwise.

But can Obsidian realistically start with it when they are busy in Avowed and next up is ToW 2?

Pentiment/Grounded teams could start pre production and Avowed team could roll over in a year or so for full production.

3 Likes

Finally…

1 Like

Unless Playground says no.

1 Like
1 Like

To be pedantic, what it says is Less Than $1 Million to Over $100 Million.

4 Likes

I would love to know what the Game Pass day one deals that were $100m+.

Sports games, the RIOT stuff.

imo

2 Likes

As much as that sounds, it’s really just the equivalent of 2-3 million in lost sales.

The folks that think MS spent like $3 million for Ark 2 Day one are delusional.

4 Likes

I think this is why so many people hoping for this third party AAA game or that third party AAA game to be day one on the service have been dissapointed - it’s been 100+ million for some of the games that have come to game pass and a lot of the major third party games we have gotten have been on the lower end of AAA or had lower expectations.
Grabbing a major AAA game as a day one release would cost even more - and at that point that is money better spent internally.

A lot of what people want to be AAA day one, mainly blockbuster single player games because they did get a bunch of other types of AAA games day one, the service isn’t gonna need that once Xbox has a lot of their 1st party coming in, but it would’ve helped now in 2022 mitigate the AAA void from 1st party. The Game Pass team might not have necessarily overlooked that though, and might be they couldn’t get them for some reasons like Sony marketing or the publishers simply don’t want to set the expectations for their games to be day one on GP, maybe not without a big, big sum of money that would look like a bad ROI for Xbox to pay.

Not sure if this has been posted before.

4 Likes