Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I don’t want Microsoft to go after timed exclusive games but I do want them to go after full exclusive games. Problem is that it’s all about Game Pass which is great and all but it’s why you don’t see Microsoft doing any more marketing deals for AAA third party multi-platform games or any exclusivity for AAA titles. They seem to stay completely away from it all which in my opinion is a horrible decision business wise and for their fans/consumers because if you have nothing to fill out the gaps but the competition does, most people will just pick the other brand and go with them.

3 Likes

So, many reviewers did mention the performance issues but the game still got an amazing score… if Redfall’s 30FPS is perfect it better not get attacked just for being 30FPS.

9 Likes

You can’t predict “droughts” and you can’t make deals for quickly enough to cover them. We’ve been through this

Xbox are in a good place and the usual cycle of doom when they have a few weeks of tough news doesn’t change that. I don’t think anyone wants them to abandon the gamepass and play anywhere via cloud plans. Or their expansion tactic. It’s all fine. I do think though the fact they won’t be acquiring ABK and the huge content grab for their services that brought with it means Xbox needs to do something that brings more content to their platforms via gamepass and xcloud etc.

If you believe their console sales will rise again with Starfield then it’s not an issue they can just prioritise gamepass as they were doing. If you don’t believe that then they have an issue and need to make some interventions to help proposal their sales.

1 Like

They might not even mention it because I can see a scenario where most are using pc review code which isn’t affected by it.

12 Likes

Redfall is just a few days away, I’m really curious what the reviews are going to look like. The previews were mostly positive.

1 Like

It looks really clean, looks like the perfect game for a photo mode.

I guess it’s one of those situations where it will likely get high 70s but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up getting low to mid 80s, maybe I trust Arkane too much.

1 Like

Where is the Redfall thread I need somewhere to anxiety dump :upside_down_face:

Also just have general speculation, I watched an older interview recently and given the extra context we now have around the game I’m interested. EG Harvey said that each of the 4 gods serve as a chapter break and I’m interested to talk more about it.

Also that the map is split into a rural and an urban area and we haven’t really seen much of the latter.

Hoping some good info leaks from those currently playing Redfall. But not story stuff though. Only gameplay and performance related stuff.

Hot damn this thread has been wild lately :sweat_smile: I’ve said it a million times, Xbox survived the Xbox One generation, nothing in the last 3 months combined comes close to that shaky generation. That is without taking into their more than 4x studio count they have now.

I am not worried in the slightest.

8 Likes

It’s funny that people are more “concerned” about Xbox now rather than when they had less than ten studios. Seems a bit backwards to me.

5 Likes

How in much of this background actually sticks to lore I wonder?

This could be a game changer for future RPGs, if a modder can do this I have to imagine developers will also find it useful.

They were also coming off the 360 generation and did extremely well in the UK and US due to the fanbase they built that generation, I think we can all agree that the Series consoles needed killer exclusives from the start, looking back, they should’ve had 343i focused only on Xbox Series consoles and PC for Halo Infinite (an opinion I’ve always had) never understood why a game that was supposed to be supported for 10 years had to be on the last gen consoles.

Even if you’re pessimistic and just say half of the teams are AFK it’s still more than 2x they had before haha.

Because Microsoft only started building up in 2018, covid hitting in 2020 and lasting for 2ish years and still is bit of a thing. I think it’s probably safe to say it’ll be another year or two before they really start to get the needle moving this year will be them turning the car around and getting to the start line. The start of next gen probably will be the big momentum shifter having several years leading up to next gen having big hits. This shit takes time, changing mind sets and mindshare is a thing that happens over time. Microsoft just needs to nail the cadence and it’ll come, I have total faith they’ll pull it off.

In my eyes Xbox doesn’t need to 2:1 PS just get close that’s all and I think overtime they can get there just gonna take a long time.

1 Like

I hope they start firing on all cylinders way before we get to next gen, which is still realistically 5 years away, I don’t think it’s coming in 7 years this time around but I think it would be really smart to prepare to drop the next gen Xbox a year before the PS6, maybe they’ll even have Elder Scrolls 6 by then as a launch exclusive.

This meme can also apply to Xbox at this point

C0Kwc0vVQAAJsHE

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MightyDOOM/status/1651948021846880256?t=UnkzBXJSdKSPR1fCTqyCRg&s=19 https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1651248975998066690?t=jBbxZYJmygqb8MjSBe0gCA&s=19 https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1651986300814106625?t=uRGyypkEMOuH-ZXljUDXcw&s=19

What are you working on next that you’re excited for everyone to see?

I don’t think I can say what I’m working on yet. I’ll just say there are some outrageous characters getting ready to host Fallout 76 players in the future.

2 Likes

I’m not saying it wont start happening till next gen what I am saying is It’s like a train picking up speed, 2023 is the passengers just got on board and the train is about the slowly leave the station. The start of next gen is when the train is going at full speed.

I agree I think ES6 will be a launch exclusive and that’s part why I think that would be the big momentum shifter that will shift the market share in a much more significant way. By next gen every single team should be fully settled maxed out with what they need and want and should have at least one Xbox game under their belts.

Oh I know what you meant, I was just saying I hope they pick up a very strong momentum before this gen ends that they can take to the new generation and honestly, with the assumption that Halo won’t be ready for another 4 years I think it would be smart to just make it a next gen exclusive, although not getting a Series consoles exclusive Halo would suck.