Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I mean it should be disregarded. I think HFR shadow drop and Starfield hype can easily manipulate the mind.

7 Likes

Phil did briefly mention Starfield to IGN, but nothing new, just that it’s a 2023 title. Man I can’t wait for them to announce the Starfield show. There are still so many questions, but the only important one is release date. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve been reading some of the comments here about Redfall’s look and graphics. Recently, I’ve played a number of very nice looking games that while beautiful, are harder to “read” than more simple games. Sometimes, it’s nice to have a simpler, clean art style that allows the player to take in the location/environment quickly - better “readability” - versus bleeding edge graphics that the player has to take time to visually process. A prime case to me is Neon White. It’s simple looking but very readable. If it was graphically intense, I don’t know that the game would be nearly as playable. Not saying that’s the case with Redfall, but something to think about.

6 Likes

The visuals are fine but some stuff like the not so great anti aliasing and lack of shadows stand out. Hopefully they sort this before release.

I think Redfall has kinda weird looking running animations and the shadows are weird, but I’m good with it either way.

I’ve never seen an Arkane game and thought it had amazi g graphics though.

14 Likes

Yeah those look dumb, always thought it was a we’ll fix this later -thing but it was the same in the recent gameplay too.

I feel like someone is missing in the top ten seller list. I thought there was a game released in the same week that had advertising, especially in my hometown, NYC. Odd…

2 Likes

Forspoken really flopped and collapsed. It’s currently the #54 best-sellers according to Steam DB.

5 Likes
9 Likes
19 Likes

I was never expecting it to do particularly well ever since the first real combat footage, then the multiple delays but those reviews straight up killed it

I wonder what kind of budget it had

More of an issue for Sony than SE I feel. I would imagine the exclusivity deal stipulates that Sony is on the hook if the game misses sales targets.

5 Likes

Yup, Square made out like bandits here because Sony had to cover cost of 24 months xbox exclusion, marketing, and other fees. Then if Sony wants to put on PS+ they will sink even more money on the franchise that is most likely dead.

Also, I wonder if Sony are kicking themselves by possibly chosing Ghostwire of Hi-Fi Rush since current narrative is xbox took that game from PS5 users lol

1 Like

I saw that Rand and Jez talked about Starfield again, in their podcast. So I skipped to that.

Jez: They are still targeting the first half, still leaving open the possibility that it might need more time. But, it might not need more time.

Rand says that they know some people that are playing it, but not that long. He feels March is too early, April too, June Makes the most sense. Still some polishing to go through. Says that a lot of the info surrounding the game is very fluid, especially the release date.

Says he’s asked around and some people had told him there’s gonna be a slight delay. And later on he asked these people again and they said “I don’t know, could still come in the first half of the year. The information seems to be constantly changing.”

Nothing exactly new I guess, but it does make me wonder if the show actually might be later than February. It sounds like they really aren’t ready to commit to a new release date yet and I can’t see them having this show with no release date.

But really, who knows.

Shadows are wierd man…

Torch is important part of the game but it doesn’t cast shadows… I don’t know how they can miss this very important detail

5 Likes

The only thing that I am worried about is there wasnt alot of enemies on screen

9 Likes

It’s a smart strategy and if I like game I’ll buy content. I bought the deluxe add on for HFR due to enjoying it and want to let MS know we want more games like this

6 Likes