Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Yeah, I think they are just not sure and don’t want to give a date they might have to move. Polished games > too early releases.

1 Like
12 Likes

Yes, it looks more delibarate in combat rather than omgvampireseverywherehordegaaah. Which is a good thing. I don’t like the comparisons to Borderlands, but that’s just me not liking them (only played the first, but didn’t finish.) probably.

1 Like

This explains a lot :phil_lmao:

1 Like

I would be very fine with it too. FM is going to be a game I will fire up just to see how it looks on the TV but the franchise is not for me, I’m about Horizon.

Now we just need official word on Starfield for June and we can start counting down the months.

2 Likes

Man… we are soo close to playing STARFIELD I can almost taste it.

1 Like

Makes sense, they’ve been bitten a few times recently with ambitious release dates. Halo, Starfield, Redfall. Maybe it’s better to just keep it vague till they’re 100% certain. I do think once we get through 2023 there won’t be quite the same drama about it any more. People are still feeling the effects of a rough 2022 for Xbox brought on by delays, where there was just nothing to really take the place of the big titles that delayed out of the year - but with 2023 their schedule is so packed a few delays shouldn’t really be an issue. Hopefully they can keep that momentum of releases going and continue to be in a place where they can be comfortable delaying something knowing the schedule won’t suffer.

1 Like

Did Grubb say Starfield was on track for H1?

Yeah, in the end its always better to delay games if they are not ready. No Starfield last year did take the wind out of the sails though. But that’s over now thankfully. This year is the year.

1 Like

I havent played too many other open world-ish multiplayer games, so lack of context points for me to use. I also refuse to compare references to Back4Blood or Left4Dead.

Redfall doesnt seem to require absolute precision that tactical games such as Tom Clancy / Rainbow Six (2000 era) do. I remember doing mission planning ahead of time and trying to get the exact routes and weapons and team members selected. Then trying it out, not working entirely as you expected, and having to do it all over again.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think this is hard to compare to other games. Also, this is very much a singleplayer first game to me. I will definitely play it in co-op too, after I’ve beaten it, but those two experiences seems very different honestly.

3 Likes
12 Likes

Wait, that was modeled after him? Lol.

Afaik Grubb hasn’t said anything about when Starfield should release beyond the kind of speculation that is done on podcasts. His rumor/leak was only about Forza.

Source: Games Mess Decides podcast. I’m not on Twitter though.

2 Likes

He probably going to let the next DD do the talking or when it gets closer, he will learn.

1 Like

That’s awesome! This guy seriously going to make Mikami proud(er) the more he creates.

16 Likes
4 Likes

Release date… :eyes:

4 Likes

Hi-Fi Rush is my favorite game of the 9th gen so far

6 Likes