Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Having Shinji Mikami is a huge get.

3 Likes

Jeff Grubb mentioned on a podcast that he’s heard Forza has indeed slipped out of the first half and is targeting Q3 now. I mean, we mostly figured at this point but still. It’s a shame but with how packed the year is for Xbox it’s hard to be too dissapointed. I mean we’ve still currently got Goldeneye, Age of Empires 2, Hi-Fi Rush, Ghostwire Tokyo, Redfall, Ara, Minecraft Legends and (fingers crossed) Starfield for the first half of the year, and this leaves Forza and Age of empires 4 for later in the year along with E3 still yet to come.

4 Likes

Not confirmed but I’ll be fine with that. Summer needs a cooling and Forza will do the trick. It’s not like it’s dealing with Halo Infinite 2020 problem. It’s coming along nicely, just have to wait a little more.

4 Likes

This. All of these devs were once under one leadership under Capcom but splintered off.

I remember saying on here MS should just make their own sudo Capcom with Tango and Platinum and it looks like that’s exactly what Tango was up to.

Evil Within is their Resident Evil

HiFi Rush is their DMC/Viewtiful Joe

They should add Platinum and Ark System Works imo.

That way they have their Street Fighter fighting game equivalent. There is even rumors they may be working on Killer Instinct.

In this age where MS can’t make big moves without scrutiny they should go for these smaller Japanese studios.

10 Likes

Hi-Fi Rush is my favorite game from Xbox in the Xbox Series generation so far.

More fun than Psychonauts 2, Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. If Tango can keep up with projects at this scale I might have to call them the most creative and fun studio within Microsoft.

2 Likes

People really hate Redfall huh

How so?

Deathloop all over again. What’s worse is people don’t understand the difference between artstyle and technical graphic. Like Elden Ring, I have seen people soften the blow for Forspoken lackluster graphic by saying the same for Elden Ring. The only problem is, Elden Ring artstyle is incredible, so it by pass the technical flaw.

3 Likes

I do think the graphics could be better but im not exactly bothered, it’s a stylised game which lowers the need for super duper realism like something like Hellblade

Plus while I love me some top tier graphics, FM looks a bit absurd for example, im not too concerned if a game isn’t the prettiest game on the market, it’s not what im here for in most games, certainly not Arkane games

1 Like

Ah, the only somewhat valid criticism is the graphics. I get it’s stylized, and I don’t have a problem with that, but it does look a bit…simple? Like too clean in some places, but also not great in others. Some of the vampires look pretty bad tbh.

Lucky for me, I don’t rate graphics very high when I judge how good a game is. I come for the stories, characters, adventure, worlds etc. first, enjoy good gameplay and if it’s pretty that’s a bonus.

6 Likes

Yeah things just look kinda flat in places, not sure if it’s a lighting thing, lack of shadows etc

But like you said, im not too bothered either not to mention the game is still 4 months away and the footage they made for this trailer was probably taken a while ago so maybe they will make improvements by launch time

2 Likes

Could you imagine if Hi-Fi went for realistic approach, let alone standard 3D graphic? It wouldn’t work. Each game should focus on what fits its style and not aim for realism or target at people’s demand.

I hope that they can improve the anti aliasing, especially inside buildings because the shimmering really stood out, sadly. Apparently it’s the gift/curse of TAA. And the lack of shadows in several parts, it stands out too.

Gameplay wise I just need to play it myself.

So Forza Delay and Starfield is on track. That good that real good. Love Forza but will take Starfield all day everyday.

2 Likes

Really don’t mind this. Forza is going to be fantastic and their previews already show proof. They already said that each month we will get bit by bit preview, so next one could be career, multiplayer, etc.

Time will tell.

1 Like

But the issue lies not with the style.

I get it.

I’ll say this for recent releases (most of them), I’m glad games are back focusing strongly on gameplay. Even Dead Space, which said to have more cutscenes, doesn’t bother the overall package. I want to break my controller because of activity, not want it to breathe. Not once, not ever!

3 Likes

From what was shown of Redfall, it seems even more accessible to me. The fighting seemed to be more forgiving and not needing perfect tactics. It felt like the lack of tactics usable in Borderlands games would be usable to some degree in Redfall. Naturally the encounters would be a little tougher for it, but not punishing with team-wipes because of a small mistake.

I’m glad it keeps the freedom of to do what you like, not how the game wants you to do. It’s what made Halo Infinite campaign damn fun.