Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

If I was at Zenimax Online I’d want to do more than just make MMO variants of BGS games. I think people really pigeonhole them just because they worked on ESO.

They are another independent studio, not an offshoot of BGS.

4 Likes

Which game is this?

Sci-Fi is a huge genre though, outside of being sci-fi they’ll likely be completely different

Star citizen

I agree. I don’t need 4K/60. I’ll take 1440p/60 or 1080p upscaled to 4K/60. This is where those resolution techniques will come into play. Present an image that appears to be Native 4K in image quality but doesn’t use up the resources allowing the games to be 60fps.

1 Like

I just remembered I asked jeff about this and 2021 and he had said he heard rumors but couldn’t confirm it at the time

It’s not really a game, it’s a Chris Roberts’ life support and retirement fund that’s been in the works since 2012. Over half a billion dollars raised for what’s likely to never be released in any resemblance of an actual game. It’s feature creep that is enabled by those who keep dumping money into the fund to get exclusive ships or other intangibles.

4 Likes

This scam/game will never come out. They have it too good, keep getting money monthly. while doing the bare minimum with their little updates. The people that keep giving them money are in to deep they can’t see it for what it is.

4 Likes

I am expecting Hellblade 2 to be 30fps only. If they surprise us with a performance mode, then great, but it will likely be one of, if not THE first full Unreal Engine 5 title on the market. Devs will still be getting to grips with it and the learnings from Hellblade 2’s roll out can be applied to TC’s games, Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Project Cobalt etc.

Starfield I think is 50/50 whether it’ll have a performance mode or not.

If you want to play 3rd person narrative action adventure games then get a PS5. If you want to play JRPGs then get a PS5 or Switch. If you want to play WRPGs, racers and shooters then get an Xbox.

If you want to control the performance and resolution of your games and if when those games release you’re upset that they don’t meet your demands then build a PC.

5 Likes
30 Likes

This reminds me of when devs used to go back and forth with fans on forums. Todd was active back in the day lol. I think josh as well lol.

3 Likes

Do we know who started the Disco Elysium rumour? What a shitty thing to do. Whoever it was really owe Josh Sawyer and everyone who worked on the game a public apology.

Pretty sure it was Grubb

2 Likes

Grubb but Jez got blamed for that. But he also leaked the artstyle so he’s has been blacklisted by obsidian

3 Likes

I think it was Jez. Also after the Pentiment leak Obisidian has blocked communication with him as they were very displeased with him.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1594784132709900288?t=48cV_e0Dykx9jpL_3ni4nw&s=19

8 Likes

Nah I think Jez initially leaked the game but didn’t mention make any comparison to Disco, then someone else came out with more details

Edit: someone beat me to it with more info

3 Likes

He didn’t leak it. he said that the game was on the vain of Disco Elysium on the Xbox two podcast but he did a piece on the artstyle of Pentiment. He himself has said that multiple times on the xbox two podcast.

3 Likes

As far as I know the DE thing was always Grubb