Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

I’m not very good at English, so I may have misused the word

4 Likes

The black bars

Thank you

2 Likes

Oh, to have it look more cinematic? Hmmm. The first one doesn’t have this? (backlog game for me)

Is there really marketing that says 60fps is a standard? Nobody that understands how this works should believe that. Similarly, they market 120fps and ray tracing and we all know those aren’t going to be standard.

4 Likes

Phil himself has said that coming into this generation that he prefers and wants 60fps to be the standard and I agree. It should be. Visuals are great and all but means nothing if the game doesn’t play/run well.

Had no idea we have actual developers posting here who have experience with the console’s limitations and bottlenecks so they can make such definitive statements about what is possible and what isn’t. Good to know.

4 Likes

I would be shocked if Hellblade 2 is being played in widescreen with black bars like the original The Evil Within or The Order 1886.

Preferring and wanting 60fps to be the standard is a nice thing, but how the developers allocate their resources are ultimately up to them.

And it’s not just visuals.

8 Likes

True but im talking straight from a first party standpoint. I didn’t buy a Series X for 30fps games from their first party studios. I don’t care how many systems there are especially when visually, it’s not blowing me away. Give me a 60fps option. In my opinion, every game should be prototyped and developed with this in mind.

So we know that Redfall very likely is a may release. I wonder when we can start to expect to see previews from media. Wondering the same for Starfield.

While I don’t necessarily care as much about 60fps and the choice is ultimately up the devs, people are just as free to criticize them for that choice.

For Redfall, I’ll say March if it’s releasing May 2nd.

3 Likes

They are, I just don’t like when people talk about what the XSX should be able to do.

2 Likes

4k30 is a given, maybe 1080p 60 with lower texture settings. Most of these 60fps game releasing are still mostly crossgen, as more and more true current gen games come out. i expect them to be back at 4k 30fps again, especially the open world games.

I really hope not. This generation will end up sucking and be a disappointment if current generation only games run at 30FPS.

At 4k expect 30 fps, while 1440p, 1080p maybe you get 60fps if the devs offer that option. 4k60fps is still really taxing on many machine. Current gen games are gone to push graphics again, don’t expect 4k60fps in like say for example Starfield or Witcher 4 is not happening on a console lol. On a PC yeah, but with hardware that cost way more than a console.

Now, if they have a mid gen console refresh like they did with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, i can see it getting the proper specs increase to have 4k60fps on current Gen big world AAA game. That is if we do get a mid gen refresh though, or if not then it will be like the PS3, Xbox 360 era where no mid gen refresh happen.

1 Like

God I really hope zenimax new mmo is the starfield one so we can have moments like this.

I don’t think it will have anything to do with Starfield but is is suggested to be sci-fi which is cool

The concept art was sci-fi indeed. Idk why they would create a second sci-fi ip especially if its launching within the next year or two.