Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

You can’t ever use another game name when talking about a new game, it will forever taint people minds. People simply don’t want to pay attention or think about nuances.

It’s the same reason they dont read or listen to game reviews and instead jump directly to the Score.

11 Likes

Yeah this is 100% how I felt during the Xbox One generation (well minus the WRPGs for that particular gen of Xbox). Also, you should go with Nintendo/Xbox if you care about strategy-style games on console (Halo Wars, Gears Tactics, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars :(, Pikmin, etc.).

Even with the Xbox One’s lackluster first party offerings, that was the best console for shooters, racing and strategy at the time. In recent years, my tastes in video games has broaden to include cinematic 3rd person action adventure, but during the 360 and One gens all I cared about was multiplayer shooters and console-friendly strategy games (RUSE and Halo Wars 1 + 2 were among my most played games).

I am hoping that TLOU Factions 2 is a good take on Escape From Tarkov. I need a good reason to upgrade my PS4.

2 Likes

This is the only thing I don’t like about insiders and leakers

They will claim credit if the stuff came out correct… But no apologies if the stuff came out wrong from there reporting

Whoever asserted that this game was DE like should apologise (between I don’t know who he was)

4 Likes

It was Grubb lol. And yeah, they should just flatly state what the game is (if they know) instead of making comparisons when they do these leaks.

They blocked communication with him? Is there a tweet where they say that? Never heard that before.

(Not that I’m doubting you. I just would like to see where they said it)

Apparently when Jez walked into the Pentiment booth a bunch of Obsidian staff left the room :confused: this was at gamescom

9 Likes

Oh my god :skull:. Is there video of that? :thinking:

1 Like

Jez is incredibly salty about that lol.

3 Likes

Nah

2 Likes

working support hopefully most of the rare team is moved on to everwild so that we can actually see that one

7 Likes

Was watching a video by Colt, he covered Starfield and what Todd has said about it. How they are working with the top engineers at Xbox to really make the XSX sing. He seems to speculate that Todd might mean Starfield is making full use of RDNA2.

Who knows, it would be pretty damn sweet if this is the first current gen game to truly take full advantage of it. Perhaps have it be 1080p but looking like 4K and framerate up to 60fps.

I’d love this.

3 Likes

Give me 40 fps mode… I will be fine

Then Rest can argue as much as they want

7 Likes
7 Likes

It’s not that simple because CPU may be the limitation.

CPU-boundedness

The opposite happens in the CPU-bound case. When a game is CPU-bound, this means that the GPU is able to make quick work of the instructions it is given, which means there are times during which the GPU is idle. Now the frame rate is being limited by how fast the CPU is able to generate instructions for the GPU.

In this case, we would say that the game is CPU-bound, because the frame rate is being “bottlenecked” by the CPU.

Variables

Whether your computer is CPU-bound or GPU-bound depends on a lot of variables:

• Hardware: Someone with a high-end GPU but a CPU from a few generations back will become CPU-bound more often than someone with the exact same high-end GPU and current-gen CPU, even if they’re both playing the same game at the same settings.
  • The game you’re playing: Different games have different performance characteristics. Huge open-world and realtime strategy games can be more CPU-intensive, making them more likely to become CPU-bound. Other games can put a larger burden on your GPU and become more GPU-bound.
  • Ingame settings: Even for the same game, toggling your in-game settings has a large effect. Lowering some settings, like resolution, will lower the burden on your GPU, and make you less GPU-bound. Lowering other settings, like draw distance, can reduce the burden on your CPU as well.
  • Differences within the game you’re playing: Performance characteristics vary from scene to scene within a game: some scenes in a game can have a higher CPU cost than other scenes. The same goes for GPU cost
2 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

IMO given the news today I think that it is possible that there may not be new full length Halo campaign until a new Halo title is made which could be next gen.

1 Like

I think that should be the expectation.

Man, I wanted a new Campaign from Joe Staten so badly since I love ODST so much. This is really sad news today, never expected them to go to their most important (symbolic wise) franchise and make cuts. I really don’t understand this.

2 Likes

Turns out what was said time and again about the 343 leadership was true.

6 Likes

I think more often than not the people lower on the chain think management is incompetent. They say things like that with incomplete understanding of what impacts decisions.

12 Likes