Xbox Game Studios |OT10| Here are the games

Sorry, not happening. Y’all got to accept this. Xbox makes LESS money long term doing this

1 Like

This is nuts lol.

2 Likes

Xbox will lose even more money once they lose even more market share and lose more third party games, if they are not willing to cover droughts. Consumers will just switch at the start of a new gen due to loss of confidence in a product.

I’m not asking get for lots of third party money hats just to cover any droughts. This isn’t a big ask.

4 Likes

The 4D chess move here is when Xbox goes third party.

3 Likes

It truly is.

And we know Todd really intended for some really impressive AI in Oblivion, I can only imagine what kind of ideas he must have for TES VI. Throughout their games we’ve seen nice improvements made, but I think TES VI will have us very impressed here. I expect improvement for Starfield too, but maybe not a super huge change, I mean, he didn’t really talk much about AI last E3 or in interviews. Maybe in June?

1 Like

Nice post! Covers a lot of things about Xbox

If you interested in reading some useful marketing tips? You all welcome here

1 Like

None of it hitting this year though. Meanwhile Xbox has had a fairly steady cadence of games starting in January. Only thing I know of this year for PS5 is Horizon DLC , Spiderman and FF16 . If Xbox release year looked that way everyone and their mother would be bitching about it. Hell If I didn’t know any better going by online discourse I would think that Sony were dropping game after game and all xbox had was one big game coming and nothing else.

7 Likes

Ghostwire Tokyo (77), As Dusk Falls (76) and Minecraft Legends (73) are all under an 80 on Open Critic and while not great, those are still good to very good scores and as long as Microsoft doesn’t have any 50 or 60 rated games this generation, then I would say that they’re doing much better than last generation.

As for the PR death spiral, I understand it because once the news came out that there was no 60FPS option for Redfall until a later date, in all honesty, it lowered my expectations for the second year in a row. Last year after Redfall/Starfield were delayed, I went into the showcase with low expectations and I was still greatly disappointed because it was nothing more than an Indies/AA Game Pass showcase and it’s like, yeah, I get it. Game Pass is their focus but come on man. No major AAA third party games, no marketing deals, no nothing. Just mehness across the board. 2022 was the worse Xbox showcase since I think 2016 or 2017. I forget which as I would have to re-watch them again.

Fast forward to now and especially after CMA blocked the ABK deal, it just seems to all be going downhill and while regulators and others are telling Microsoft to do it the “Sony” way, I know they’re not going to do it that way so instead of having major AAA third party multi-platform titles and a few of them being exclusive, it’s probably going to be yet another AA/Indies showcase.

I’m sorry if im being very negative but im more “down” on Xbox now for the last year than I was the first 8 months of the generation because while Gears Tactics was literally the only first party launch title, delaying Halo Infinite was the right call and while it should have been delayed another year in my opinion, with console launches, it’s always about the long term confidence in the product that you’re buying.

This is why im “low” with Redfall. This way if it hits mid-70’s, it was expectation so no biggie but if it scores low to mid 80’s, I can start getting a little more positive and confident in their showcase if that makes any sense.

But we’ll see. I’m expecting reviews on Monday but if it’s Tuesday, that doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

I don’t want Microsoft to go after timed exclusive games but I do want them to go after full exclusive games. Problem is that it’s all about Game Pass which is great and all but it’s why you don’t see Microsoft doing any more marketing deals for AAA third party multi-platform games or any exclusivity for AAA titles. They seem to stay completely away from it all which in my opinion is a horrible decision business wise and for their fans/consumers because if you have nothing to fill out the gaps but the competition does, most people will just pick the other brand and go with them.

3 Likes

So, many reviewers did mention the performance issues but the game still got an amazing score… if Redfall’s 30FPS is perfect it better not get attacked just for being 30FPS.

9 Likes

You can’t predict “droughts” and you can’t make deals for quickly enough to cover them. We’ve been through this

Xbox are in a good place and the usual cycle of doom when they have a few weeks of tough news doesn’t change that. I don’t think anyone wants them to abandon the gamepass and play anywhere via cloud plans. Or their expansion tactic. It’s all fine. I do think though the fact they won’t be acquiring ABK and the huge content grab for their services that brought with it means Xbox needs to do something that brings more content to their platforms via gamepass and xcloud etc.

If you believe their console sales will rise again with Starfield then it’s not an issue they can just prioritise gamepass as they were doing. If you don’t believe that then they have an issue and need to make some interventions to help proposal their sales.

1 Like

They might not even mention it because I can see a scenario where most are using pc review code which isn’t affected by it.

12 Likes

Redfall is just a few days away, I’m really curious what the reviews are going to look like. The previews were mostly positive.

1 Like

It looks really clean, looks like the perfect game for a photo mode.

I guess it’s one of those situations where it will likely get high 70s but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up getting low to mid 80s, maybe I trust Arkane too much.

1 Like

Where is the Redfall thread I need somewhere to anxiety dump :upside_down_face:

Also just have general speculation, I watched an older interview recently and given the extra context we now have around the game I’m interested. EG Harvey said that each of the 4 gods serve as a chapter break and I’m interested to talk more about it.

Also that the map is split into a rural and an urban area and we haven’t really seen much of the latter.

Hoping some good info leaks from those currently playing Redfall. But not story stuff though. Only gameplay and performance related stuff.

Hot damn this thread has been wild lately :sweat_smile: I’ve said it a million times, Xbox survived the Xbox One generation, nothing in the last 3 months combined comes close to that shaky generation. That is without taking into their more than 4x studio count they have now.

I am not worried in the slightest.

8 Likes

It’s funny that people are more “concerned” about Xbox now rather than when they had less than ten studios. Seems a bit backwards to me.

5 Likes