Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

2 Likes

I always wondered if that “Plan 8” would ever see the light of day.

Saw the games a year ago and Plan 8 looks great and definitely has my interest. Crimson Desert also looks great but not really into it. More interested in Plan 8. Of course, both seem to be MMO type games so if I can’t play solo, both will be non-existent for me.

1 Like

Friends, no more debate over outside media/influencers. It’s off topic and is bringing unnecessary drama.

8 Likes

I have no idea what you’ll actually be doing in Plan 8, but I’m intrigued as hell.

Man, Pearl Abyss has a lot on their plate. I know Black Desert is huge in Korea, but I bet at least one of those games makes them a big deal here in the West soon.

Just finished doom eternal. Probably my favorite FPS this gen. I know some people don’t like the changes from doom 2016 but outside of a few platforming spots I feel like they dialed everything to 11. Such a great game. Crazy Microsoft owns this franchise now. I’m assuming doom 3 will be exclusive

Dang can I no longer be concerned that we haven’t seen anything run on the series x?

6 Likes

I think that after bethesda, Microsoft have a really good number of good studios at least for the next 7 to 10 years of the generation. If they are going to add one or 2 more studios, small ones are ok. There’s no need to try to buy half of the industry (yet).

4 Likes

I really dont think theyll stop anytime soon. They need constant games to fuel gamepass, and with new players entering the industry(Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook), those companies are likely looking to acquire studios too for their services, which means less studios to make games that go on gamepass. That, along with whatever sony does in terms of acquisitions, is probably enough to where they will keep acquiring multiple studios throughout the generation so they dont get a lot of potential games taken from them.

3 Likes

Even if facebook, apple, alphabet and Amazon are getting into the industry, their gaming service’s have an small fanbase to secure something like a big Acquisition, they bought small / new and few medium size studios mostly, like typhoon or ready at dawn. I guess they know that if they are the rookies in the industry and buy an studio with history they are going to make bad marketing to their platform, you know, imagine Amazon buying capcom for luna, but bcz they are not in japan yet, the biggest user base of capcom, they are going to get only bad marketing. At least for this generation, the number of studios are already perfect, and across the generation those big tech companies are going to buy small studios and increase their user base, i don’t think stadia are going to be in a buying mode like xbox in the last 3 years at least until the start of the next generation.

1 Like

I think MS intend to follow the Hollywood studio format and release a summer blockbuster and a winter blockbuster every year

2 Likes

They’ll be a key summer game that MS release say Fallout for example, and for the Winter, they’d have Halo or Elder Scrolls

1 Like

Its very likely that they are going to have 3 to 4 blockbusters per year, 2022, 2023 and 2024 are going to be some of them, the games Microsoft showed at the july event are most likely 2022 - 2023 games (maybe state of decay 3 is 2024), but with projects under development from bethesda like starfield 2023 and 2024 are going to be wild, woudn’t make sense to delay a game if its already finished, and with the side projects, practically the complete generations are going to have several blockbusters across each year. I guess it will be every 2 to 3 months

2 Likes

Yeah, that would the most worthwhile publisher acquisition.

1 Like

They will be the Disney of the games industry eventually.

1 Like

Dirt 5 looks rough graphically. Its a preview build I suppose

hmmm wow not even stable 60fps at 4k for crossgen game

this is why they need to show first party gameplay or true next gen gameplay

I see what Jeff Grubb says but I wouldn’t say that based on Dirt 5, because I’m sorry but FH4 wipes the floor with how Dirt 5 is looking here. I don’t find it impressive at all, visually.

120fps is nice and all, but I hope it never becomes the standard and ONLY option because it isn’t worth sacrifing a lot of things for. 60fps is absolutely fine.

2 Likes