Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

How much do you think they will pick your X1X? Like I said if they bonify the trade in value, could be really attractive to switch for newcomers.

Gamestop here in California gives $175, best buy $150. They might have a better deal as they often do for new consoles when “upgrading” with a trade, so we’ll see what the final number is closer to release.

Seems pretty decent for a X1X.

Hi everybody! Been reading all your posts since the beginning, but decided to register and join the conversation. Man, am I excited for next-gen and game pass! I think Microsoft is killing it lately with their messaging and I’m already nervous for September 22th, as I want to lock in that pre-order for a day 1 Series X.

Do you guys think it will be a global launch? Last time The Netherlands (where I live) wasn’t a part of the launch. Germany isn’t that far away though, but it would be nice to just stay home and receive it there!

As far for games: mostly looking forward to Avowed and Fable, but seeing those are some years out, Cyberpunk and Destiny 2: Beyond Light look pretty great as well!

10 Likes

POV: You’re on console fanboy twitter.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome!

Same as you I’m just waiting to pre order on the MS store as soon as it says go!

MS wants a global launch worldwide one as they said it before. They don’t want to repeat 2013 mistakes.

1 Like

Hello there! That’s great to hear. Hopefully we’ll get to play on day 1. I don’t dislike my One X, I’m just a sucker for new tech, especially new consoles. What are you going to play when you get one?

Yeah I have a X1X too but will trade it with XSS and buy also a XSX. I will pick both lol

I think I will play games from my backlog I have more than 200 games in my library. Kept some aside on purpose It is also for the fps and loading times that I’m switching too to play games in a better state.

As new games I will play Mafia Remake, The Medium, The Ascent, Call Of The Sea, 12 minutes, Destiny 2 Beyond Light, Yakuza 7 day one also.

Also I’m hesitating to try to contain myself to not play Cyberpunk 2077 before the next gen patch in 2021 but it will be hard haha.

What about you?

XSS and XSX, that’s dedication haha. Ah man, I totally forgot about 12 minutes, that game looked really cool! If I could, I would wait for the Cyberpunk next-gen update as well, but who am I fooling, I can’t. Gonna play that game as soon as it hit stores.

I’m really looking forward to Destiny 2: Beyond Light (in sweet 60FPS) and Cyberpunk. But I’ve got a backlog as well with Wasteland 3, Control, Tony Hawk’s 1+2 and a lot of other games.

One other game I’m really looking forward to is Demon Souls (I’m a big Dark Souls fan), but that’s a PS5 exclusive and I’m hesitant of buying one this year, as Series X is my number 1 priority.

If your planning on playing Destiny 2: Beyond Light as well, hit me up!

Lol yeah both consoles are incredible. And have mutliple tv and friends and family coming so it would be ideal for me to have both to play.

Thanks Yeah why not will thunk about it! Plus in smooth 60fps Destiny 2 will be great it is guaranteed. Tried it in 30fps and it feels sluggish

Yeah go on Wasteland 3 absolutely fantastic game I’m still on it currently after so many hours. So much possibilities. Big game!

Cyberpunk will be the biggest game of 2020 but want to experience it with everything to the max on XSX.

Demon’s Souls too I keep an eye on it and love Fromsoft games. Will probably paly it later on PS5 pro. Elden Ring also as soon as available is preordered lol

Soo 3pm gmt is the usual time for xbox news… what to expect today? Huh :smiley:

Acquisitions. ; )

2 Likes

C’mon man. It isn’t all bad. They have a great slate lined up for the future. Considering this year and it is easier to count the games not delayed.

1 Like

Loving all of the Xbox positivity everywhere. More news tomorrow?

1 Like

Well it is, what it is. Sony will have 1 game, if they’re lucky.

Exclusive launch games will be very thin this generation. (thanks to COVID)
But the third party line up is the strongest ever (thanks to COIVD)

yeah great looks and pricing

1 Like

Ok, guess we have to agree to disagree then.

I see a bunch of great third party games out day 1 and some unique first party titles. Not to dismiss Sony’s titles but with great games coming out that everyone can play, I don’t see either console being a runaway hit based on a exclusive. I am happy to be proven wrong In time.

It’s really not such a big deal… see next year Halo Infinite will launch and probably the next Forza maybe even Everwild who knows and Psychonauts 2 too. Let’s not forget the Flight Sim series x/s version. From 2022 onwards XGS will hit left and right.

Just show some impressive gameplay for Hellblade or Avowed or Fable at TGA and people are fine again🤷‍♂️

Consoles will sold out this year anyways.

1 Like

I think the Xbox Game Studios overproductions are not ready for 2020 and 2021 and early 2022. Halo Infinite was supposed to be “holiday 2020” and it wasn’t ready. I think we will have more acquisitions, apart from Halo Infinite, Xbox Studios are still in the initial stages of their projects. nothing ready yet. What could “solve” this issue is Xbox Publishing, although their last games in 2020 were MSFS 2020, Gears Tactics, Tell me Why, Ori 2, they could have a game for Series X|S. let’s wait and see. Xbox Publishing’s future projects are so far: AoE 4 and As Dusk falls. Obviously it could be better.