Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

Seems like a render and we still don’t know what’s in the pack. A headset would be welcome but I doubt it.

2 Likes

It’s not the dimensions I was expecting, but with foam inserts etc, size makes sense. Interesting. Wonder if Major Nelson is prepping his gloves for a couple of unboxings…

1 Like

Haha I’m sure he will. The Xboxing ritual lol

1 Like

If anyone did an ot for those videos… “you can take the Xbox(S) out of the box, but you can’t take the box out of the X…” or something corny like that.

Lol I see what you did here.

This week feels good with all these news and it is not over yet.

So where is the announcement for PS5 from the major retailer?

The clock is ticking Sony, you have till the 22 sept pre orders opening date…

1 Like

Also I think MS should make a nice packed launch line up trailer with real time gameplay and maybe some teaser glimpses of the future in order to generate excitement and catch audience. I think they will do it soon…

1 Like

Oh my bad, I misunderstood what you were saying.

To each their own, I know not everyone uses the feature, especially with Game Pass now. I still download them every month and have found some games I really enjoyed that I either I wasn’t aware of or didn’t get a chance to play when they were on 360 so I like the Games with Gold program. While it isn’t a dealbreaker for me if it does go away, I’d prefer it didn’t.

2 Likes

Who’s gonna pick both Xbox Series S & X?

Seriously considering it as long as the funds are there. Really want to play games with my brother again. He’s been purely a switch gamer all gen

I get it. It’s just that I would much rather see Microsoft put the money that they would be spending on older games for a month to be put towards games that could release on Game Pass day one even if it’s a game im not interested in because it will add even more value to Game Pass. I just don’t see adding games for a month especially when the majority of the time end up being old and crappy as worth doing let alone paying for. To each their own though. :slight_smile:

I think it is going to happen. Why? Because gamepass ultimate is going to get xcloud, ea play and PC gamepass is getting a price hike to $10 later this month, so there’s still plenty of incentive to subscribe to ultimate besides Live Gold.

Understandable. Will buy both too. Great offer.

1 Like

I will down the line.

I’ll get an S on release and use my saved funds I keep from not buying an X on my renovation of my house. I’ll get an X in 2 years or so, once the real next gen games come in. My son will then inherit my S as his first console (he will be 9 by then).

3 Likes

Sounds like a nice and clever plan. The XSS is incredibly attractive 299 for 1440p and 120fps is amazing. Frankly both designs are beautiful

2 Likes

It makes sense to drop the paywall now, as the generation is beginning. Immediately puts Sony on the back foot. When I heard this suggestion a few years ago (2018) I was like nah, its something you do at the beginning of a gen

1 Like

Yeah at the start it will make an explosion and a huge transition from players or new people. Will give an insane boost to build an install base. Strategically the timing is to do it at the beginning to make a difference.

I’m getting a Series X at launch. S probably next year. But I also have to trade in an Xbox One or two, so I might just pick one up around Christmas basically for free.

I was going to get one S and X

S looks good but X was not that more expensive so will be getting two X instead

Possibly one with that Access subscription… it really does seem like a good deal (need another gamepass anyway, several players in the house)

Imo Xbox is KILLING it with the hardware and service stuff lately (great designs, great messaging, enchanged bc, xcloud, ea access etc)

The only thing missing is actual gameplay of next gen titles. I would be fine with Forza or something by this point

Looks like I am. Trading in my one x for the series s and already planned on buying a series x.

They will bonify the trade in value I think to encourage the switch. Incredible power for an incredible price. Nobody can’t say not happy for such a ratio price/perf. Now the games have to come in full force.