Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

If Microsoft does in fact eliminate Xbox Live Gold, they should hold on to that announcement for the same day as when Sony announces their prices and release date because a $300 Series S with or without All Access and FREE ONLINE MP would definitely make a shit ton of people seriously consider buying Series S (or Series X) especially if all they play is a few online games a year like COD, Destiny, etc.

Yeah more good news coming. Better keep the momentum and Xbox under the spotlight.

They really need to hammer it non stop till everyone knows about it and be super agressive. Start of next gen going to fire all on cylinders. Make the biggest noise possible.

Maybe they will announce some GP news…

They will drop it down guarantee. The question is not if but when will they announce it…

I said this in another thread but I’ll copy and paste here since it’s relevant:

I think the next big thing they could do is drop the paywall for Xbox Live. Having to pay for it is kind of counter to their message of “everyone should be able to play games together” and I think after getting rid of Mixer plus the funds they’re getting from Game Pass would mean Xbox/Microsoft could easily absorb the cost of making Xbox Live free, especially if they’re hosting Xbox Live on Microsoft Azure servers.

Maybe roll it into Game Pass and turn Games with Gold into Games with Ultimate?

Now I think what their next move will be…

-Announcing Gold paywall drop

-Showcasing gameplay of impressive games running realtime on XSX with the features explained (MS FLIGHT SIM for example)

-Showing the peripherals and accessories for XSX, memory cards etc

-New 3rd party GP surprises probably

Sounds really solid. What am I missing?

1 Like

They could make pre estimated reveal:

Gold is going away sometimes between 2021-2022

I think it will be sooner before 2021 to keep the momentum and start next gen on fire, it will make them skyrocket with entry barrier going down lots of people coming with no online paywall and Xbox All Access + FIFA sport game whatever imagine it is an insane deal

I doubt it.

If MS was going to have this Xbox Series S info next week, and if they had new first party titles to show like the initiative game, do you guy’s think MS will shadow drop the teaser this week or hold it now for a another event?

Agree with everything you said except for the turning Games with Gold into Games with Ultimate. Personally, this aspect should just end. The Gold games have been shit for a long time and with Game Pass, there’s no reason for it at all because why pay money for an old game to be available for a month when you can pay to get a new game day one for a year or six months?

From reddit.

Apparently the XSX retail box.

10 Likes

Shadow Drop

1 Like

Guess we’ll see. Imho hope it will be soon because strategically, it is need to boost the install base by huge margin. Will make a bomb effect.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/xbox/xbox-series-x/xbox-series-x-/p/108090646

Came from this its the last picture

1 Like

But the games you can download though Games with Gold aren’t only playable for only a month. The games are available to download for a month and if you download it, you can delete, redownload and play them after they’ve left Games with Gold as long as you have an active membership (for Xbox One games, you keep 360 games even without a sub).

If I’m wrong could someone let me know? I’m not aware if this has changed.

2 Likes

amazing!

I know that. What im saying is that if you don’t add them to your download list or whatever it’s called, you’ll lose out once the month ends and those games get replaced with the following months games. in other words, they’re only available to “claim” for a month. I personally just see it as a waste of money for Microsoft when it could go towards getting new releases day one instead even if it’s a month for a new release that would still be far better than some old crappy game no one cares about.

1 Like

me want

1 Like

Maybe some news drop about their Back Compat wizardry, auto-hdr and machine learning with all of the new methods they talked about in the new wire when the Series X was announced?

Interesting… With the width of the box, I’d guess the console is horizontal in it, probably with the box holding the codes, power cable and controller above it? And we still have no clue if they’re packing in any kind of headset this gen, do we?