Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

Luckily for me, I have zero interest in Final Fantasy franchise. Disappointing for those who’ll want to play it day one on Xbox Series X but on the positive side, you’ll probably get extra content and whatnot for the same price as what PS5 owners would pay day one plus, they all can test out the game for those who want to play it on Xbox Series X. That’s how I look at it for Godfall, Kena and Project Athia. Hehe.

thanks! :slight_smile: yeah GP is the best value in gaming out there.

Ok. I’m fucking pissed right now

Only going to get worse, Sony has done this for 25 years now.

Disappointing rumor about FF16 but not surprising. Hopefully we have plenty to keep our interest in the meantime. I think 2021 should still have plenty of third party games, so I’m not too bothered.

With Sony seemingly making all these third party exclusive deals , it’s all the more reason for Xbox to continue strengthening it’s first party. As someone who came from Sega consoles where first party was pretty much everything since certain devs (Square and later EA) refused to support it at all! I do wonder if MS is making any such deals from big third parties at all this time around.

1 Like

Yea I’d rather xbox buy up studios like WB studios and make those exclusive then just money hat games. I dont even know why sony waste money on final fantasy not like the people that like Jrpgs are going to leave playstation. Ff15 was like 75% playstation sales seems like a waste of money

2 Likes

I’m with you there. Better value for money that way and it would make permanent exclusives. Even if IP’s don’t come with the purchase imagine the new worlds such studios could create.

2 Likes

I agree. In fact, if Microsoft were to acquire WB Games with the licenses and NOT make all the games Xbox/PC exclusive, then I don’t see the point.

true fantasy live online is the biggest ghost of xbox’s past. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think also those Midway properties would be excellent for Gamepass, if Microsoft buys Warner Games.

1 Like

Still holding out hope that Microsoft pulls the trigger and bring WB into the fold. Whatever the legalities of the deal I just wanna see it done but not for another batman. The Arkham series is great but I feel it’s had it’s time and would love to see a licensed deal for a new and fresh take on another DC hero… Superman maybe? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also wanna add I’m aware of the difficulties in making a immersive Superman game bc of all his op abilities but if anybody can pull it off my money is on Rocksteady. Just imagine the most powerful console with the most powerful superhero!! :fire: :fire:

1 Like

While I find the prospect of MS buying WB Interactive very interesting, I’d also like to see MS expand their first party portfolio like they’ve been doing for the past 2 years.

This is where I think their publishing arm should step up their game. They should cultivate new relations like they had with Undead Labs, Playground Games and Moon Studios.

1 Like

I think Xbox needs its own big superhero to counter the Spider-Man stuff. Not necessarily Batman or Superman (even though that could be awesome, or Justice League), could be something out of left field like Doctor Strange or Aquaman.

2 Likes

Definitely, actually Phil teased at multiple big Xbox Game Publishing projects back in February I think (on IGN), I assume we haven’t really seen those yet… And ideally try to keep those exclusivities, they lost so many over the years (Splinter Cell, Mass Effect, Ori, Cuphead, Bioshock, etc). It seems Moon is going multiplat next as well (unsuprisingly).

1 Like

Theres tons of really cool characters they could use. I’d personally prefer they pull from the Marvel umbrella bc I’m more familiar but I do agree, BRING IN A SUPERHERO

1 Like

Yep, Dr Strange could actually be pretty cool lol X-Men have a lot of potential as well, something we don’t expect.

2 Likes

And I have no doubt that these deals are being made or I would hope so. I just cant remember feeling this starved for new games ever before. Maybe bc this year is down the toilet but selfishly I want to see EVERYTHING they’re working on

1 Like

I loved the visuals for the movie. I never thought about playing a game as him but now that you mention it the concept sounds really dope! With the SSD and velocity being able to use his abilities would feel truly next gen if done right

1 Like