Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

So…

What are your expectations for Opening Night Live?

Mine: I want to see the Gameplay trailer for AoE 3 definitive edition to find out what’s changed :giphy: and what MS is up to for Game Pass :eyes: and the :heart: Ratchet & Clank :heart:Demo on PS5 …

And you ?

I hope Game Pass is more than we already know.

Besides that I hope AoE3 looks great. I’m down for giving it another shot. I enjoyed the game, though the balance was all over the place back in the days.

1 Like

The list definitely goes on and on. I’m at 38 games for next gen thus far. It’s insane. I could have 20 between launch and December 31st, 2021. I can definitely see next generation surpassing the 100 games that I completed for the current generation.

So a Perfect Dark “reboot” like Playground is doing with Fable? Awesome. Hehehe.

i think you mean the current push of one shot camera and long cutscene because cinematic cutscene were always part of video games

Third party games + ID@Xbox

1 Like

Yeah that tends to get on my nerves quite a bit along with cinematics that overstay their welcome and go on for too long. There are games i played this gen where it feels like it took forever to get to actual gameplay because they were spending so much time on the story set up.

1 Like

Sounds more like this new game will be to Perfect Dark what Avowed is to Pillars of Eternity. Which i think may be a good middle ground between people who want to revisit the IP and people who want something new. I do hope that someday we can get a new mainline Perfect Dark game with Joanna returning again, and they just take the gameplay from the original and update it. Maybe even keep it as an FPS.

1 Like

Maybe some surprises for Game Pass… other than that I keep my expectations at “meh”-level nowadays.

2 Likes

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart full gameplay demo from the PS5 showcase unedited, Mafia Remake as im hoping they announce a next gen port. WB Games is listed which is weird to me since they just had DC Fandome so maybe they finally show the Harry Potter game? Either that or Injustice 3 would be my guess. Other than that, im not expecting much and if anything, it’s a gaming showcase so I want to watch it since this year has sucked for various and many reasons.

Would have no problems with this but I do prefer third person over first person so if that change is made, I’ll already be more positive about the game for me personally.

1 Like

I find it hilarious that the post processing effects in Grounded are much better than what we’ve seen from Halo Infinite. And 343 moved heaven and earth to put that demo together, so that probably was the best looking the game has ever been.

I think this would be a good oppotunity for xbox to show why you should buy a series X. Show a game with good graphics and get people hyped. No offence to Age of empires but it wont get the hype going and then people are just going to bash xbox once the rachet and clank demo is shown. They need to really start showing gameplay from an xbox. Not CGI tailors.

I know sony has good games but I want to see a system deep dive because Im not convinced its a great as they say. That being said they are bringing games. Xbox I am pretty confident in the hardware they need to show software.

1 Like

There is no proof that they moved “heaven and earth” to put that demo together

1 Like

@Proven

“But while it’s easy to get carried away about the prospect of playing Halo Infinite, it’s worth taking a minute to think about the enormous work put into this playable preview of Halo Infinite. While this is just a section of the final game, it took a herculean effort to make sure this little corner of our Ringworld was polished and pretty enough for its premiere! The art, lighting, design, environment, graphics, production and engineering teams involved in carving out and curating this little slice, are nervous and excited to show people a glimpse of what we’re building.”

1 Like

I would hope whatever this new PD like game is features Joanna, I know Booty mentioned creating MCU/Lord of the Rings like stories,characters,and worlds.

She would be a good start to that Initiative, no pun intended,

I would not go with that expectation for this event… I agree with MS and Sony too. They didn’t show what the PS5 and Series X came for… As far as Xbox is concerned, I think they are preparing something for this year yet. Maybe a Special X020. Rumors of an “Event” in September. We will see. For GamesCOM it is better to expect what XBOX said and nothing more. https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1298304605588094977?s=20

1 Like

Man reading this after the reactions of this reveal I can’t imagine how disappointed this must have been for him and probably most at 343. I really hope the next time we will see this game it will blow everyone away and in the end be the masterpiece everyone wants.

2 Likes

You just made me think of the next Halo game being a RPG from Obsidian… man I’d love to see that.

4 Likes

AAAA was mentioned once in a job advert for the Initiative. The advert didn’t even say it was for a AAAA game just that they were looking for people that could work to a AAAA standard or something. All mentions of AAAA lead back to the job posting.

5 Likes

I would love a big fat RPG Halo by Obsidian, as I have seen plenty of times mentioned something like mass effect but blended with ODST.

1 Like

I would be all over that!