Xbox Game Studios |OT| Halo...is it me you’re looking for?

Interesting…

1 Like

That’s why support studios are important.

I was going to message that if Microsoft has a strict time limit on contract work then it may be time for Xbox to set-up some support studios.

1 Like

Also important to notice the word choice in the halo waypoint. It seems like Joe isn’t moving to 343 permanently but only temporary to help with halo infinite.

Yeah support studios are needed And WB Games own few support studios i’m just saying :eyes: :booty:

2 Likes

Sony will be there today. Geoff Keighly tweeted yesterday with a bunch of names and PlayStation was on it.

yeah helping them with launch

I hope Microsoft change their contract’s policies during next gen. It’s going to be hard to developp great games with 4-5 years of developpement if employees work only 18 months.

So while it hasn’t been confirmed at all yet, Jeff Grubb has been on the money with a lot of things. It seems it is very likely that it’s Perfect Dark after all eh?

Yeah that policy isn’t great for projects with such long cycles. Its probably a corporate thing though, believe my (non gaming) employer has similar restrictions. Not sure why.

Apparently one of the reasons that companies have the time restrictions is to limit the possibility of proprietary information making it into the hands of outside parties.

Oh… So like episodes in different Xbox worlds? Like a Perfect Dark episode, then a Shadowrun episode etc… That would certainly be new. Not sure I like it though, sound like Disney Rush,

Will we see The Initiative project in 2020 @Klobrille?

Rare started working on concepts for what would become Sea of Thieves way back on the SNES, it was called “project Dream”. A pirate themed rpg. Not to mention the decision to go all in on Kinect was partly on Rare management. People love to stick to these long running narratives despite them being debunked ages ago.

4 Likes

Hello :wave: Klobrille, So…

The Initiative is widely advertised as an “AAAA” studio, follows one example, A Venture Beat news, made by Jeff Grubb that came out yesterday.

:https://venturebeat.com/2020/08/26/the-initiatives-first-game-whats-the-so-called-aaaa-studio-making/

I know about Drew Murray’s Tweet, I didn’t know he said that. I saw it now, because you posted it here. There is no official statement by Phil Spencer, Matt Booty or another Executive, regarding the references to “AAAA Game”, for The Initiative Studio. denying or explaining what it is about. I also don’t know what “AAAA” means. Perhaps The Initiative’s game is well above average? or an innovative AAA game? Do not know :man_shrugging:. I hope it’s a good thing :pray:. Now, that is a fact. The expectations for this Studio are Huge, They, The Initiative, cannot fail. Halo Infinite has already felt the Frustration. was postponed to try to put out the fire. Let’s wait and see what happens.

[quote=“thiagosilva, post:2259, topic:107”] The expectations for this Studio are Huge, They, The Initiative, cannot fail. Halo Infinite has already felt the Frustration. was postponed to try to put out the fire. Let’s wait and see what happens. [/quote]

Let’s let them form a team and make the game they want to make. What one considers failure is success to another. It’s all about perspective.

Edit: I can’t even quote correctly :rofl:

Agreed. I really hope that someday soon the videogame industry will stop trying to be Hollywood, no matter how hard they try they will never be like film. I’m not against story in games but people act like before games never had good stories before games like TLOU and Witcher came along. They still prioritized great gameplay and took advantage of the medium they were working with rather than aping the more established one. You bring up the storytelling being at odds with the gameplay and i almost immediately thought of TLOU 2. The current poster child for the story being at odds with the gameplay (which i actually found more compelling than the gameplay in the original)

IMO gaming as a medium will only truly mature and come into it’s own when it stops trying so hard to be like film.

1 Like

I can only imagine I am the odd one here, but if there is one thing I hate in a video game, it is to be constantly interrupted by cinematics and not letting me play the game and have control over what I do. That’s why I love games like Sea of Thieves and RPG’s with decision making, because I have control over what I do, and I much prefer gameplay over anything else. For me, a video game should never forget the “game” part too.

3 Likes

I imagine you aren’t into games like Life is Strange then… :wink:

There are not really my style, I can try them and play them, and I may even enjoy them on the moment, but it won’t give me long lasting memories. That being said, I still encourage MS to do as many different types of games as possible for everybody. Game Pass is just that much more than just myself, and everybody deserve what they like.