Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda + Activision-Blizzard Studio Tier List

Pretty simple, rank your favorite studio/game the studio is making in tiers.

3 Likes

Mine

1 Like

3 Likes

This reinforced my belief they need to grab a few more top notch, really special studios. NRS, CDPR, Supergiant Games would really nicely help fill out that S tier.

I also feel that several studios have the capacity to move into that tier like Arkane and Obsidian if they get that massive hit. Here’s hoping Redfall and Avowed are that.

2 Likes

High on inXile and Compulsion.

Lower on blizzard.

3 Likes

Too many good studios

4 Likes

This will likely change over time but these are my current rankings.

4 Likes

For me -

3 Likes

Why…

1 Like

Engagement!

8 Likes

I expect quite a bit of movement up or down in the A-C tiers over the next few years.

2 Likes

Excited to see the potential of all my A tier studios and what they can do with more resources and creative freedoms. Each of them could easily become S tier

1 Like

Don’t know that much about the ABK studios so can’t say much about them, that’s why they’re mostly B/C.

1 Like

The Initiative is really unrated.

2 Likes

No specific order. I don’t think Xbox has a studio below a C+.

D tier is unproven tier now. Because while any studio can become great, these ones are more specifically growth types.

P.S. High Moon is unproven because it’s been a decade since they lead dev on a game.

Edit: Did not mean to put Raven in C. Raven is A tier. I thought Raven was digital legends. I had trouble with the logo. List has been updated

4 Likes

EDIT:

I ranked mine purely on my view of the studios ability to create high end AAA games as things currently stand. Looking through this I realized everyone is kind of coming at it from a different angle, so I figured I would clarify mine.

1 Like

Mine is pretty much based on how much I enjoy their games with a little bit of potential future game goodness as in I think I might like what they have coming. Some studios I haven’t played a single one of their games so they tend to be in the middle.

1 Like

This is entirely based on my engagement with these things, like ID is probably an S rank for the quality of the games they put out but the gameplay of Doom doesn’t click with me specifically. But I do want to highlight Toys for Bob, Arkane and Obsidian cause I think if given the right resources they could be the real breakaway hits of all of MIcrosoft’s acquisitions.

3 Likes

Hm, this turned out to be a bit more bottom heavy than I thought… The very bottom in D tier is either unknowns, unproven or mobile crap I don’t care about though. The two top tiers was easy, but not that many fit the bill tbh.

I think we need more studios.

3 Likes

I agree. WB and all of DC would fit in very nicely. Hehehe. :smiley:

4 Likes