Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

This one made me chuckle. Imagine yourself as a complete moron every morning when you wake up. That’s what this person deals with every day, must be hard.

5 Likes

LMAO, I think creator actually finds it more motivating to build a game and have a built in audience from day 1 rather than spending all their time building a game and not knowing if it will sell well.

I saw this, a Dev actaully responded with the below-

"I’ve seen a lot of ridiculous misunderstanding about how actual game devs feel about game pass on this god forsaken bird website, but this tweet is perhaps the most ridiculous I’ve ever read

“Well I got money, but oh no now I feel demotivated” said no game dev ever in history :person_facepalming:"

6 Likes

i saw that and i was that it for gaming twitter lmao

Yeah, its a bad take because a lot of devs this is their dream job, so a gamepass deal won’t demotivate them. On the contrary I am sure Microsoft provides incentives for devs such as installs, engagement, play time, and other bonuses and devs most likely want to hit those bonuses

4 Likes

Indeed. As someone who analyses data in my day job I would love to get of the stats behind Gamepass related to what you have mentioned above.

As I understand it, deals vary from game to game or Dev to Dev.

3 Likes

Also gamepass is just one platform and a lot of these games are on multiple platforms. So, I highly doubt they won’t be motivated to make games because gamepass is a vehicle for marketing games to others who may not try and it, and positive word of mouth can help its success on other platforms. Also I am sure there are a good amount of gamers that have bought a gamepass game after it has left the service.

1 Like

Agree with all of this. In addition, I think Sarah Bond recently gave some stats showing that Gamepass is making people spend more on games (as well as play more games, try different genres etc)

2 Likes

Hmm, is EA cleaning house or was this a limited time deal?

More likely they are just removing the older iterations of sports games. I doubt many people play the 2018 version if the 2020 version is available.

Hosting the games will carry some sort of cost and stats prob show they are not making a return on that investment by having these old games available.

3 Likes

There’s also music licenses and honestly I don’t think it’s worth it to keep the servers online for 5 year old games.

Imagine being a game dev and not having to worry about money, sales and reaching your audience anymore. Imagine this hellscape.

As long as you can still buy or download it if you bought it, I don’t personally care if they’re on Game Pass. It’s a bit out of the blue though.

They’re closing down OLD servers. This impacts their own EA Play platform and direct sales of those games too. Nothing specific to Game Pass.

2 Likes

Ok thx for the update

This person clearly doesn’t care about developers or the state of the industry let’s be real here. This Sony fanboy is clearly upset that MS is actually a threat now to their fav brand. Can’t wait for them to get triggered even more when Phil announces Kojima.

1 Like

It’s pretty telling that every major podcast/show I watch for gaming features some sort of positive Game Pass topic on it every show now. This is with the first party still half a year away from starting putting out their own content on the regular once again.

10 Likes

I have noticed this as well. In general Xbox has done a very good job keeping Xbox in the conversation despite not actually having much to offer from their own internal studios.

4 Likes

Pretty good performance !

5 Likes

You think Outriders makes top 10 npd for March? Seems like I keep seeing positive stuff not just on Xbox but Steam and PS as well