Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

This is really super cool tech. They are trying to make gamedevs target only one family of devices (Xbox One, now) and they will build a stack around it without dev intervention.

It works somewhat and is probably the only reasonable way to make this for so many games without touching their codebase but its not really intuitive. You have a lot of games displaying things on screen with a button prompt, but when you click on it with your finger, nothing happens. You have to use the extra touch controls.

But MS seems to have tuned some games to better intercept this. I have noticed this today in Viva Pinata where the menu wheel in the upper right corner is touch sensitive.

Donā€™t know if this is allowed but it is interesting plus i think we all knew it was an MLB decision.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol Iā€™d rather Microsoft now advertise that Iā€™m in a multiplayer game to my friends list.

But I was told that Microsoft traded exclusivity rights for Fallout 5, Starfield 2 and Elder Scrolls 6 and 7 to get The Show Day 1 on GamePasā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah - This article actually does nothing. I have learnt zero new things. Every media is so late to realizing this, it is not surprising.

:man_facepalming:t4:

Speaks volumes as to how much a forum discussion can educate us.

I think it would be cool if there was some kind of feature that let you share or tag friends with games. Like if I had I friend that I knew would really like outriders I could tag them and the Gamepass app would send them a trailer for the game and ask if they wanted to download it after watching or take them to the games page on Gamepass or something

5 Likes

That seems like a good idea, never hesitate to transmit them to their twitter account. They tend to take requests and listen to people.

1 Like

I donā€™t have a Twitter. Someone else can do it have credit for it if it comes to fruition. I just want the feature.

Very cool idea.

Do you want me to mention your forum username ? Iā€™m sending it via DM so it is more private.

1 Like

Nah itā€™s cool

Iā€™m just gonna say someone suggested the idea then.

1 Like

Within the Game Pass, youā€™ll see a new section that says Play with Friends

Enter the ļ¼§ļ½ļ½ļ½… ļ¼°ļ½ļ½“ļ½“

2 Likes

I transmitted the suggestion.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

cool

1 Like

Anyone who spends a bit of time on Xbox knows that The Show wasnā€™t being published by Sony. It is baffling how people in the media are only now discovering that MLB is the actual publisher for the Xbox version.

I mean, look at this post of mine from February 1st when the pre-orders for the game started:

3 Likes

Mediaā€¦ lmao. hAlO iS dElaYed