Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

So then you would have the gamepass is just shovelware narrative going.

That would kind of depend on what you add though lol. There will always be narratives from certain camps, but I donā€™t care much about those.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s right and I guess thatā€™s why I never get into the discussions about gamepass value.

Yeah, overall the value is undeniably great. However, it has its ups and downs and I think itā€™s fair to complain a bit when itā€™s not at its best. Thereā€™s no need for people to rush to the defense of the service as a whole every time thereā€™s a normal discussion about content amongst the actual users.

4 Likes

Anyone think it wouldnā€™t be this high if Game Pass didnā€™t exist.

5 Likes

Hey, there is nothing wrong with asking for more additions, even if they are older titles. I agree with you there.

However, it has to be said that this is the strongest stretch of games Game Pass has had, especially since September 2022. And that momentum continues to get bigger in 2023.

7 Likes

There is reason they are not talking about game sales.

Players is all about Gamepass numbers :smirk:

Yep. We had a list last year of the many, many older big and small games that could be added. Dying Light 2 for example, Mafia DE, RE Village, AI 2, Tales of Arise and so on. Most of these are nearing two years old now too or even older, so I would assume the costs of these would be acceptable now too.

I really wonder why so many older games are still left. Someone a while ago here said maybe they donā€™t see the value of older games, but recently a rather old game got added out of the blue, not a very good one though. Stranded or something.

Do we think Crash Team Rumble could come Day 1 Game Pass (If the deal is closed by June 20th)? It seems to be the type of game that would need the player base to avoid a MultiVersus type scenario.

1 Like

Yeah, that was random hehe. They did add Civ VI this month though so it doesnā€™t seem like there is a policy against older games.

1 Like

Good point! Then I really hope they do all they can to get these older games, because there are so many left. :slight_smile:

Dying Light 2 is doing extremely well. I donā€™t see it going on Game Pass any time soon. Maybe after the five years of support ends.

bruh, literally every month at least has one game that isnā€™t day one, ms isnā€™t ignoring old games. they focus on day one because it creates attractiveness to the service.

itā€™s up to publisher not ms, even if ms put a bag on cash on desk and they refuse, thereā€™s nothing to do man, plus probably sony are blocking.

if you care more the games leaving than actually playing the games, sounds weird (no offenses)

Oh I play plenty of them. Iā€™m just missing the element of surprise with some of the smaller ones too.

Also

https://twitter.com/gamepasscounter/status/1638169351617486851?s=20

Game Pass lost 15 games in March while adding 7 new to the service titles and expanding 3 other games to more platforms

• = was already out on 1 or more other Game Pass platforms

Thatā€™s certainly true. Nobody is saying we didnā€™t have good additions this month, but the amount obviously has decreased, and not just this month either.

Maybe stop reading and following gaming news then? So every day you check GamePass on your console itā€™ll be a surprise. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Good lord they are killing me with all the talking in the Gundam game. It clearly doesnā€™t help that I have never watched a single episode (I do intend to still) because they are talking about things that I absolutely have no idea wtf itā€™s about, lol.

Clearly one for the real fans, not for newcomers. Well story wise that is. Gameplay is fun so far.

In the video options thereā€™s a setting for raytracing and you can choose fps and resolution I believe. But is this actually raytracing at all? It should be easily doable if we consider how the game looks.

1 Like

Why is quantum break leaving? First we happy few and now this, looks bad for Microsoft first party titles to leave, they should pay for the full rights.

Whatā€™s next, outer worlds leaving ? Not a good look

Thatā€™s odd, must be some sort of weird licensing thing. Agree that they should do everything within reason to keep first party games on.

Unfortunately not something that can be guaranteed though.

1 Like

I remember that time Halo Wars 1 should up on leaving and it was just a bug

This could be licensing or something though.