Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

I didn’t really like AI: The Somnium Files very much, but I remember seeing some positivity around it in this thread. It’s pretty discounted on the US MS store, if anybody is interested, as are a few other Spike Chunsoft games like the Danganronpa and the Zero Escape series. I grabbed a bunch of them myself to support VNs on the platform :wink:

9 Likes

Spike has to be one of my favorite developers at this point! Even had a lot of stupid fun with Jump Force. (Enough for it to be my old avatar):joy:

2 Likes

Game was 8e here too and I got it yesterday since I didn’t play it when it was on GP plus I’ve read many positive impressions here! thanks for the heads up! :partying_face:

2 Likes

We should be seeing batch 1 tomorrow.

1 Like

That’s what we thought Dec/Jan and they missed many drops.

I wouldn’t assume it’s going to be like this again

It’s either trying to get back to order by doing one more one batch per month since this month is short and the whole DD spread the delay announcement, or we will get another batch tomorrow.

Yes, it’s actually here.

4 Likes

now the curse is ended

5 Likes

But will it still be there tomorrow :interrobang:

I wouldn’t like that. Let’s just go back to normal, short month or not. It was already a dry second half of December, not a huge deal but quite a lot has been leaving, time to add a good amount now too.

So far so good.

It has a ton of packs though, so be prepared to hear that little sound many, many, many times when something finishes downloading.

It’s honestly rather aburd how many seperate packs there are. How did the dev just not make this into one big pack?

1 Like

Presumably in the next hour or two?

Hope so. Unless GP wants to be strange again for…reasons.

Would be really nice to just go back to normal, having two days everyday months to look forward to surprise additions.

1 Like

great again, i was hoping they will anounce normaly then they do it again.

They did, sort of. There is a Volume collection of a lot of the packs. I however queued up every single pack first, so I’m not sure if you get the Volume Collections first if that takes care of all the individual packs or not.

The reason everything is separate is for monetization. Its far easier for little timmy to ask for mommy and daddy to buy them some $2 addon car, over and over and over and over, than some $35-$40 addon pack once.

So no announcements then? Interesting.

Weird, hopefully some journalists ask about it

The previous games were announced on a different day than Tuesday, weren’t they? Maybe that’s the new thing now, just a random day. They have done that before, but that was for a surprise game, cool stuff. But when it’s for a next batch…not cool stuff.

I really dislike the disorganized nature of Game Pass. This guessing, not knowing and random changes is quite the opposite to how I like things. Sours me unnecessarily on the service.

Same here. I don’t get wtf is going on, but I can’t deny it’s not annoying as hell. For some reason they’ve clearly made changes, how hard is it to communicate this to those that pay for your service?

3 Likes