Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

Not entirety tbh. I am still running a GTX 1060 from almost 5 years ago now and almost every single game released till date I can run on my 1080p monitor at 60fps in medium to high settings. You don’t need a 1000 dollar rig or whatever to have a great experience that is tailored to your preferences. These card manufacturers like to sell the lifestyle and big numbers of competitive 240fps or 4K or ray tracing or whatever, but you don’t need to go by those to still get relatively great performance and decent looking settings.

The only problem is right now is the absolute worst time to build a PC due to crypto bros buying up all the stock on top of scalpers.

1 Like

Absolutely, if you wait 4 or 5 years into a generation you can get a card that will hang in there. The budget cards that look like they are going to hold at the start of a generation rarely do. The 960 I picked up in 15 did okay for a couple years but then started to fall off. Even the 970 struggles badly in most later titles released on X1/PS4, that’s just how it goes I guess. I can see the appeal of PC though, no question. You have the ability to play based on what you want fps/quality and with Sony bringing their titles over and MS already there you have access to most games.

1 Like

KoF being a day-one release would be incredibly smart for the revival of fighting games on the platform.

1 Like

Yep, considering they completely lack Arc Sys support and the next SF is a toss-up, they need to push whatever FG lands on Xbox.

1 Like

Gorogoa is cool. Nice and short, unique and memorable. Definitely give it a shot! I beat it in about an hour, hour and a half maybe?

2 Likes

I like that you put it this way cuz after the 360 the genre really feels dead on Xbox.

Realistically though I can see them putting SamSho on Game Pass to push people to buy KoF.

That game is very dead and wouldn’t do much for KoF really, just put KoF in there, Xbox will automatically become the go to platform for the game.

I still don’t understand why SamSho never came to Game Pass even though Xbox got exclusive rights to the next gen version (which almost nobody is aware of…)

Think you answered your question there. No one downloaded. Don’t think Xbox team wants to cut a deal at a loss.

I love fighting games as per my pfp, but the FGC lives on PS now. Even if KoF were on Game Pass I still doubt it would become the place to play the game. It would probably still be more popular on PS5. Shame considering 360 set the Xbox as the place for fighting games.

I’ve been thinking that Guardians of the Galaxy could be a real nice contender for Game Pass. Unless this is a top selling title, which would be great and deserving for the studio.

1 Like

I’m playing The Pedestrian, it’s been good so far… :slightly_smiling_face:

but about the third party games on the gamepass, i won’t lie, it’s been boring not to see Crash Bandicoot and Spyro or Activision games on the service. and also where are the Fromsoftware games? RE2/3 Remake ?

pay whatever price, but bring these games :pray:.

Good point. It isn’t necessarily only about brand new games day and date or soon after, but also bigger titles that have never been on it. Yeah in terms of big stuff overall by third parties it’s not been too hot for a while.

Well, except for Mass Effect LE of course, big one! And we had Avengers last year.

2 Likes

I got used to it and played up to about 70% map completion but kept dying in a few really annoying rooms and gave up. It does some things interestingly, but its successor is better in just about every way arguably (not accounting for IP use)

I’m liking this more than I thought! It’s a good deal longer than I expected, though I’m nearing the end. They add some interesting wrinkles as the game goes on, and are pretty good about tutorializing. There was only one part where I got frustrated, a bit where I kept having to do a bunch of setup and dying at the end until I noticed something minor that was obviously the solution to my issue.

1 Like

Yeah it sounds like they’ve learned “what to-do” and “what not to-do” and make a better game. I hope a second Wonder Labryinth game or something similar is their next project because the game does feel really good to play.

Being able to stop time, throw knives and watch them fly once time time starts again is a cool mechanic, but I also prefer Wonder Labryinth overall.

They build on the knife and time aspect a bit later when you get the ability to stand on your frozen knives as platforms. It’s cool but still pretty limited. Don’t know if they get cooler concepts later.

FAR: Changing Tides is coming day one to Xbox Game Pass on march, 1st.

8 Likes

We don’t even know February. Lol. Looks really nice.

I haven’t played the first one but it looks interesting.

Was this hinted at or talked about before? It wasn’t on my radar at all.

Finished The Pedestrian. Pretty neat overall, with a nice interesting finale that’s a little marred by some obtuse design at the end. Kinda flies in the face of what I said about the good tutorialization earlier. Still, it’s a neat GP get. Ten achievements total, all from going through the story if that’s your thing.

2 Likes