Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

I’m pretty excited about Wild at Heart. While I’ve been waiting I started a few things. Tried Dragon Quest. I really like turn based jrpgs but man, you want me to uninstall your game put in bad auto save features. After losing somewhere between 40-60 minutes of progress when I died and it went back to my last auto save I uninstalled. I just don’t have the patience for that kind of thing in 2021. 10 year old me would have powered through. But, I started Dishonored for the first time and am really digging it so far.

1 Like

Wow, that really sucks. I thought it autosaved every time you changed between rooms but I guess I’m wrong or that didn’t help :frowning: For what it’s worth, DQ games don’t give you a game over when you die, they just take away half your gold and move you to the last place you saved, but stuff like levels gained and items found stay with you.

I didn’t know that. I had went from cobblestone all the way to the end of a dungeon, died against the boss and I got put back in cobblestone. So if I load it back up I still have all my progress that I made when I entered the dungeon? I just have to go try the boss again?

I can’t know for sure since I’m not sure if you took any other actions after you died, but yeah that’s the default behavior. It’s built so you can keep throwing yourself at dungeons and bosses and eventually prevail.

Ok I’ll check it out. As soon as I saw where I was I turned it off lol. I’ll go back once I finish dishonored and probably Wild at Heart.

1 Like

The Wild at Heart is now available.

4 Likes

Go check this one out. I just played for the last couple of hours and really want to keep playing now, very cool game that I had no clue about until checking it out on Game Pass. It has a relaxing vibe to it which is a nice change of pace for me.

3 Likes

SNowrunner is fun :smiley:

2 Likes

Wooo!

*stares at Mass Effect, Control, Yakuza, Overwatch and the myriad games I have in backlog.

DAMN! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ragnar or Serrano’s alt account to spread out their inaccuracy of “predictions” :rofl:

1 Like

Grubby’s favourite game apparently (alongwith Eco). I have to try this out.

1 Like

Yeah me too. I dont know why its so appealling, but it is :smiley:

Yeah I really like it too. A really relaxing experience with amazing physics. This will be my in between game if I ever need a break from Mass Effect.

It has quick resume :eyes:

Seems like no quick resume for Wild at Heart. It’s not on my guide anyway.

I played Dragon Quest builders 2 for 8 hours straight today. This game is so addicting.

2 Likes

I can see how it’s the type of game that would suck people in. For my part, I just make the barest essential ramshackle huts out of poisoned dirt and move on with my life :laughing:

Yup, this is a game I wanna check out. My backlog though gulp

1 Like

I only played this for an hour or so but it is so delightful, Pikmin with a Don’t starve storybook artstyle, wonderful music and (after only an hour so possibly too early to say) a very “Neil Gaiman esque” story unfolding. Tragedy, innocence, adventure? I dont know if that stays with the game but its a wonderful surprise so far.

An hour or two in, I would highly recommend it for a try.

3 Likes

I think this tidbit went a little under the radar with yesterday’s “news”:

Translation: Microsoft does not want its studios to create games based on what might work best on Game Pass. So Xbox is unlikely to go the way of Netflix and the advanced analysis of viewing data

Awesome. Create great games that find themselves on Game Pass, sounds very good to me. I don’t want the studios to feel restricted because of the business model, that’s exactly not the point of a Game Pass model.

Additionally:

Translation: Priority: give studios their creative freedom (this applies to all other studio acquisitions by Xbox)

4 Likes