Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

I did yet another thing, plenty more to come as I go through the backlog of game pass games I’ve already beaten/played a ton of.

6 Likes

So summary of that Ubisoft survey about subscription services:

• Ubisoft+ Basic: $5 a month, 18 months or older, base game
  • Ubisoft+ Lite: $7 a month, 12 months or older, base game
  • Ubisoft+ Classic: $9 a month, 18 months or older, base game and season passes and expansions

Kinda funny how they did in the survey what I was saying Xbox should do with a tier that includes DLC/expansions. I’d say most likely the basic tier would be included in Game Pass Ultimate or if we’re lucky lite. The prices aren’t too bad, I would sub to either the classic or lite easily.

1 Like

MS should try to get Ubisoft Lite into gamepass ultimate this holiday, will be in time for both Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and soon after that Immortals Fenyx Rising.

2 Likes

Thought this was pretty interesting

1 Like

I’d want the one with the DLC. Ubisoft actually makes good and lenghty ones.

As always, as a backlogger I really appreciate these! So many games get unfair or overhyped reviews at launch, it’s nice to get some once the dust has settled.

1 Like

I don’t know how people actually get through gamepass games. I’ve been playing Dragon Quest builders for like two weeks and I still have so much left to do in the game.

I think I’ll pick a shorter game for my next one.

3 Likes

I know, I’m trying to juggle my immense backlog and Xbox Game Pass, I’ve pretty much stopped buying games lol.

2 Likes

Phil should have Jess on retainer

No better stress tester for the Series X than this man

5 Likes

Ubisoft+ of sorts into gamepass has long been rumored.

The way I’d use those Ubisoft tiers is going for the Ubisoft+ Basic ($5 18month base) to play all the titles for 4 months, flip over to the Ubisoft+ Classic ($9 18month all) to play all the DLCs for 2 months, then back over to the Basic tier for the new base games just entered after that 6 months and repeat the cycle. They would only make $16 (2 * 2 * $4) more a year from me and would never make any money from DLCs.

That’s probably how I’d work the GamePass Tiers if it included DLCs as well. That’s kind of why I don’t see it ever included on a month to month plan.

1 Like

There’s so many big games on gamepass it’s easy to spend weeks on just 1 game.

WTF? Below would be my setup.

$10 per month

• Back catalog games that are a year old or more.

$15 per month

• Includes the previous tier and expansions/dlc for those year old or more games.

$20 per month

• Includes the previous two tiers and day one access.

Your last option literally exists at the moment and costs $15, though.

Microsoft has set the bar by pricing Game Pass with day one releases at $10. The good thing is that no one (except maybe Sony) will create a subscription service at a much higher price.

3 Likes

Yeah but that’s PC. I think console wise, it would cost more because majority of their sales are on consoles.

True but I don’t mind if the price is higher. Ubisoft can charge me $20 a month and as long as im not required to stay subscribed for any long period of time, it’s still worth it day one compared to spending $60 or $70 once cross-gen ends.

So it costs $15 but you’d rather they charge $20? I don’t understand “I don’t mind if the price is higher” here. It is literally stating please charge me more. It makes zero sense.

I obviously prefer $15 but if Ubisoft said, it’s $20, okay. I’m not going to complain because it’s still $40-$50 cheaper than spending $60-$70 on a single game.

Ubisoft+ isn’t currently available for Xbox, is it? I’d certainly sign up, I barely miss an Ubisoft game

My CPU and GPU are too old for me to even run Solasta: Crown of the Magister, a game I really want to play, oof. There will probably be 20 games waiting for me on PC GP in late 2022 when I get a new PC.

How is Ubisoft gonna make money now! This is unsustainable! Their games will be AA filler from now on!

4 Likes