Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

New games coming soon

• May, 18 - Snowrunner (console/PC/cloud, available now)
  • May, 20 - Peggle 2 (cloud, EA Play), Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (cloud, EA Play), Secret Neighbor (PC), The Wild at Heart (console/PC)
  • May, 21 - The Catch: Carp & Coarse Fishing (console/PC/cloud), Knockout City (console/PC, EA Play)
  • May, 25 - Maneater (console/PC/cloud)
  • May, 27 - Conan Exiles (console/cloud), Fuzion Frenzy (cloud), Joy Ride Turbo (cloud), MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries (console), Slime Rancher (PC), Solasta: Crown of the Magister (PC), SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest (PC)

LEAVING SOON (MAY, 31)

• Assetto Corsa (console/cloud)
  • Broforce (PC)
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix (console)
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (console)
  • Surviving Mars (console/PC/cloud)
  • Void Bastards (console/PC/cloud)
10 Likes

Yay maneater

1 Like

Nice, a very good month overall in my personal opinion, although nothing TOO MAJOR. They are definitely saving the mega drops for E3, understandably.

Personally excited to try Knockout City with my friends, I just have to convince them first, lol.

1 Like

Awesome. Going to checkout Maneater, The Wild at Heart and Knockout City

And maybe Mechwarrior too

1 Like

Iā€™ll be checking out Maneater and Wild at Heart. Howā€™s Mechwarrior? Havenā€™t played any.

I still havenā€™t played Dragon Quest Builders so Iā€™m glad itā€™s a more quiet month for me.

Those two Kingdom Hearts games, story wise, where are they? Is it like after the first game? I find it all unnecessarily confusing.

Youā€™re not the only one, itā€™s a real mess. I believe that 1.5 + 2.5 includes the first game (PS2), Chain of Memories (the GBA game in-between), and 2 (PS2) but remastered (especially the GBA game). Thatā€™s all I know for sure.

According to Wikipedia, the collection also includes a remastered prequel game called Birth by Sleep (PSP) and a ā€œcinematic retellingā€ of Re:coded (NDS) which apparently takes place after 2. The same cinematic treatment is given to 358/2 Days which was also a NDS game.

As for 2.8, it has a remaster of a sequel to Re:coded called Dream Drop Distance (3DS), a short original game taking place partly after DDD and after the secret ending of BBS (which I thought was set ten years before the first game but who the hell knows). Thereā€™s also a movie that takes place in the distant past of the series, providing a different perspective of the story told inā€¦ a browser game?

So, uh. I think that those two titles that are leaving Game Pass cover everything except Kingdom Hearts 3 (ā€œthe twelfth installment in the Kingdom Hearts seriesā€). I know that itā€™s extremely stupid and kind of emblematic of what I dislike about Tetsuya Nomura.

Edit: 358/2 takes place ā€œconcurrently with the events of the original game and Chain of Memories.ā€

1 Like

:white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Itā€™s very offputting and the reason why I didnā€™t bother with those games.

Hehe :wink:

Iā€™m really glad for Maneater! It was a ā€œnah, Iā€™ll wait for Game Passā€-game for me, and lo and behold! I really donā€™t have to buy games anymore.

Honestly, I bought KH3 at launch and to get up to date with the story I watched summaries YouTube videos, and each time they lost me. This story truly is so convoluted, all kinds of ridiculous things that only make it less interesting really. Just keep itā€¦normal?

2 Likes

Trying to understand the story in KH is a losing effort in my opinion. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Youā€™re preaching to the choir :sweat_smile: I started playing when only Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories were out and gave up after 2.

2 Likes

On top of that, I played through the early parts of Kingdom Hearts 3 when it first hit GamePass and yikes, it was horrible. Control of the characters is taken away so quickly after finishing a battle. Then I got to some part where it was nothing but cutscene after cutscene after cutscene. It took me over 10 minutes of skipping cutscenes just to get to a save point so I could finish for the evening and eat. I wouldnā€™t even describe it as having gameplay.

2 Likes

Yeah, sounds like I made the right descision haha. So many of these games are incredibly overrated and just weird, in the bad way.

2 Likes

I watched my partner play a chunk of 3, and it seemed like they didnā€™t adapt or improve the gameplay much from the previous big console games without taking account that almost 15 years passed in-between. I tried pitching in with the grinding and tedious sidequests and stuff like I usually do, but we both just stopped playing it.

1 Like

ascent stream

3 Likes

Had a feeling Maneater would come to Game Pass. Iā€™ve been wanting to try it out, so Iā€™m happy itā€™s being added now.

6 Likes

Hello possible Game Pass Ultimate tier Uplay+ ??

2 Likes