Xbox Game Pass |OT| Our Backlogs Are Doomed

The latest RE games are all great plus we have already seen pretty good deals for those games…I don’t want to sound like a dick but the REmake 2/3 pack was various times at 25 euros and Village is at 20 euros right now IIRC. For 45 euros overall you can get 3 awesome survival horror games that play, look and sound amazing with quite a bit of replay value…not bad right?

Also I checked if there is any news lately about Somerville and there’s nothing, the latest piece of info we got was from the March Edge issue that supposedly had an article about the game. I guess it may be a fall title. :thinking:

2 Likes

I think some people are afraid of buying stuff and then it ends up on Game Pass lol.

2 Likes

If we think like that we will never going to buy a game again in our lives. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Personally the only times that I regret buying a game is if I won’t have fun with it, games getting cheaper and cheaper and/or ending up on subscriptions is something that I can’t avoid so I am buying the games (at full price or deep sales) that I think that are interesting and hopefully have fun with them. I have enough anxiety from work, family e.t.c. so overthinking my hobby is not an option. :innocent:

1 Like

Oh, true.

The next Monster Hunter will be a day one here, zero doubts. Loved World.

I’m just wondering if anyone has given Turbo Golf Racing a try in early access on PC. I’m wondering how it controls compared to Rocket League. I’ve put well over 1000 hours into Rocket League and I’m worried if the “feel” is off that I might not be able to get into it. It looks fun, so I’m hoping I’ll be able to enjoy it for a bit.

To me, the drops are either adding or not adding to the queue of games I want to play on Game Pass. As long as I have a queue of games I want to play on Game Pass, the service is worth it to me. That’s why you’ll probably never see me trip about what’s in a single drop. I still got stuff from January (and beyond) I haven’t touched.

It’s typically the same with every other service, Netflix doesn’t add stuff that I am excited to watch on a weekly or monthly basis, but it’s not really an issue because there’s always stuff for me to watch.

For folks without a queue of games to play, yeah being a month to month subscriber probably makes sense. I don’t know how yall get through so many games though lol.

17 Likes

Same here. My Game Pass backlog goes all the way back.

Just tonight I loaded up Ryse: Son of Rome and played through the next campaign chapter. Oddly enough the last time I played it was about a year ago. It seems to get into my rotation about once a year.

4 Likes

This would also give MS better data to indicate what different subsets of people subscribe for to use for future additions.

I’m struggling to know as well. Not having a backlog in this day and age is actually impressive because HOW

3 Likes

Agreed. My backlog is so ridiculous I’ve ended up ditching most of my unplayed physical 360 games because if I’m honest with myself I know I’ll never play them, and at that point they’re just clutter.

Still holding on to Max Payne 3 though… I’ve heard so many great things about it, and really enjoyed the first two, I figure some day I just have to make room for it.

But will I? I kinda, sorta doubt it. My Xbox One backlog is too damned big, and new games are coming at a fast and furious pace.

So, yeah, people without backlogs are impressive.

4 Likes

Repeat after me. It’s not a backlog, it’s a retirement plan. It’s not a backlog, it’s a retirement plan.

4 Likes

At this point? It sure feels like it!

Wonder if I’ll be 100% any of my favorites once I retire, because at that point it’ll basically be a new game all over again for me.:joy:

2 Likes

You’re actually not wrong about that.

1 Like

Heads up: Hades is likely to leave end of the month.

1 Like

Oh. Would not surprise me, but how do you know?

A full year since it launched.

1 Like

Hades is one of those games I couldn’t wait to try to see what all the hubub was about. I think I played it for one evening and never again. I don’t get the immense praise at all. But, different strokes…

1 Like

But shouldn’t it then been in the batch to leave in middle of August? It launched in Game Pass on 13.08.2021.

Hmm, you’re right, but still just in case it’s better to be mindful of thaf if you have been wanting to play it.

2 Likes

Hades is exactly the game for which I need xCloud

It doesn’t hold much intrest for me to play this on monitor sitting on a chair

But if it is on a mobile device in my hand with touch controls then I will enjoy it

1 Like

I enjoyed it, but I’m just not big into roguelites - I don’t enjoy the whole “play it over and over again with a small amount of progression each time” vibe, my general goal is to complete it once then move on. I’m the same with other games built around replayability, if I get Civ my goal is to have one big game of it then be done.

1 Like