Xbox Game Pass Is My Golden Age of Gaming

It is so easy to get caught up in some of the stupid toxic fanboy stuff and negativity online with video game discussion instead of focusing on the positive things such as the fact that Xbox Game Pass (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass) is truly a Golden Age of Gaming for many of us. I have been gaming since I was a little kid, and I truly have never been this interested in so many games and different genres of games at any point in my life. Game Pass is honestly THE next generation feature for me in many ways, backed up by the huge variety of Xbox Game Studios titles that have and will be launching into the service as noted below too.

There are series like Yakuza that I am now interested in, and even genres such as turn based with Gears Tactics that I am more interested in now. And while I am a console primary gamer, I love the fact that I can try some of these on my gaming laptop if I want to (including at least checking out Flight Simulator next Tuesday).

I have been subscribed and playing on the service since its launch, but this is just my personal story since January of this year that blew me away somewhat when I realized the breadth of what I have experienced already this year in terms of games that I have played, at least checked out briefly or put on my backlog because they looked interesting. The 5 games from Xbox Game Studios launching on the service from July 28th through August 28th is pretty crazy.

January

• A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Indivisible
  • Children of Morta

February

• Ninja Gaiden II
  • Two Point Hospital
  • Yakuza 0
  • Jackbox Party Pack

March

• NBA 2K20
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Bleeding Edge

April

• Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Gears Tactics
  • Yakuza Kiwami

May

• Moving Out
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Human: Fall Flat DLC
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Golf with Your Friends

June

• The Bard’s Tale ARPG
  • No Man’s Sky
  • The Messenger
  • Observation

July

• Soulcalibur VI
  • CrossCode
  • Carrion
  • Grounded
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2

August

• Darksiders: Genesis
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
  • Flight Simulator
  • Battletoads
  • Tell Me Why
  • Wasteland 3
15 Likes

My younger self would have been uncontrollably excited to have an Xbox with Gamepass.

6 Likes

I’ve been addicted to Undermine. It’s such a great game, reminds me a lot of Spelunky. A lot more forgiving tho :wink:.

1 Like

Yeah that is one that I was considering adding to my backlog to try, so now I may do so :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kinda crazy how you forget about what games are in it or have been added…was scrolling through the other day and saw Monster Hunter and was like oh yeah lol.

1 Like

Every month has atleast a game which i will call AAA for the experience and worth playing.

Gamepass is just amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s definitely worth playing.

I feel that this coming generation will be the next golden era of gaming. I do agree that GamePass definitely is a catalyst for it.

1 Like

Kids today with Game Pass are gonna be so spoiled :joy:

3 Likes

Game Pass is excellent and my #3 reason as to why Xbox Series X will be my primary gaming console for next generation. The value of it and first party exclusives day one. Game Pass is simply freaking awesome!!!

1 Like

It’s definitely changed my gaming habits.

Provided MS propel their 1st party efforts to be industry leading, I feel like Game Pass is going transform the gaming landscape next gen. It’s just insane value.

I can’t believe it’s even legal.

3 Likes

It’s ridiculously great right now. Said this before many times but Game Pass is comfortably the best thing to come out of this generation that isn’t a game.

2 Likes

I didn’t really think about this until @TechnicPuppet mentioned it, but then I started thinking.

Imagine you’re a 10 year old right now and your parents got you Game Pass. Now, flash forward like 5 or 6 years, you’re probably gonna be buying your own consoles and games around 15 or 16. Can you even consider switching to PlayStation or Nintendo? If you grew up on Game Pass and your formative gaming years were with Game Pass, can you go back to paying $60 a game and getting 1 or 2 a year?

This month is goddamn brutal from XGS, I want to play all 4 games they have releasing this month. Dunno how I’m going to go about it yet lol, try flight sim, then battletoads, then sink into wasteland 3 and top it off with tell me why.

Gamepass is giving me a never ending backlog at this point, I’ve still got Carrion to finish as well.

1 Like

Best gaming service ever. I’m pretty sure that it will become the true Netflix of gaming In the upcoming years with tens of millions of subscribers. The value is just insane.

It’s my #1 exclusive of the generation. (#2 being the Elite controllers)

It’s a paradigm shift for how I game. Xbox has been my primary platform since 2001 and this month I’ll likely have my highest achievement score ever. I’ll explore and try just about everything. I talk about a lot more games with people. I now buy games in genres I never used to due to finding stuff on the service. Game Pass is best when used as a way to explore what’s out there.

Not secondary is the community being built up around whatever releases into the service. Can find people to try out all types of weird multiplayer games. Even games I already own feel like they get re-launched and conversation starts up around them again when they go into the service. Very under-rated but important aspect about the Game Pass paradigm shift.

4 Likes

I think about some of the multiplayer focused games early this gen that sadly died, liked Evolve, Gigantic, Earthfall, and Battleborn. And wonder if they came later so could have been on Game Pass and had crossplay, could they have formed enough of a community to keep going. I don’t think they would have blown up huge or anything, but if all their players were in one hopper and it was “free” to get a ton of people to try, maybe things would have worked, I dunno.

1 Like

Evolve would’ve been huge on GP, no doubt in my mind.

I fucking loved that game. It’s one of my biggest “What if’s” of this gen.

1 Like