Xbox Game Pass Is My Golden Age of Gaming

Yes! Game Pass has broadened my gaming so much, I discover games and genres I would never have tried otherwise. Like the Yakuza series, who knew I’d be into weird japanese games? Or the fact that Nier: Automata resonated so much with me that it’s one of my all-time favourite games now. Not to mention all the great little indie games that I would simply have overlooked.

Also, like you say, when a mutiplayer game ends up on the service you know it will be alive no matter what. It’s great.

1 Like

You and me both…think it was just the right game at the wrong time.

Completely agreed. Above any one game or trend, Game Pass is the greatest innovation/addition of this generation hands down.

1 Like

Games I played this year for “free” thanks to GP

16 games let’s just say they all cost $60 = $960 of value for just $105… even if you were to say the games were $40 each which some would be that’s $640. For me to have lost money the games could have to cost $6 or less. Let that sink it.

3 Likes

I’ve been “too busy to game” for the past 5-6 years, with a backlog of 40 games, and have mostly stuck with Fortnite with real life friends on the weekends for my gaming fix, which is more social than anything.

We all hopped on the $1 deal because XBL Gold was included. I then played some small high quality indie games (Minit, Outer Wilds, Tacoma, Edith Finch) and realized that I need to play more games because it’ll help me become a better designer.

So I’ve cut out watching TV/movies from streaming services and just game now. And now I know that I’ve always had time to game, but it was mentally easier to look through Amazon Prime and choose a show I was in the mood for that evening, than to want to go back into whatever 50 hour game I was committed to.

Gamepass allows me to play what I’m in the mood for. Those small indie games? I wanted something I could beat in less than a week at an hour a night. Then I was in the mood for a fighting game, played through Tekken 7. I downloaded Marvel vs Capcom but figured I’d change gears so played through DMC5 as it was being taken off this month. Like Netflix, I’m able to choose what I’m in the mood for every night. I’m jumping between Ace Combat and Forza Horizon 2 (which I’ve owned since launch but haven’t beaten, and want to finish along with 3 before I play FH4) depending on my mood and I think I’ll add The Talos Principle and be Carrion to it. I find myself keeping my next few games on my hard drive.

This picture is many months old but this is how I’ve organized my GP backlog:

3 Likes

Great post. Honestly I have done the same thing where I just don’t watch as much TV because I find that checking out different games and experiences on Game Pass is more entertaining to me.

1 Like

So many gems in one screenshot. Panzer Dragoon Orta and I go back to my high school days and I have so many fond memories of that game (easily one of the best OG Xbox titles in my book). I was going to try and list my favorites from that list but there are so many amazing titles that it’s hard for me to do so; Shantae, Untilted Goose Game, YookaLaylee, and Dirt are the only games on there that I’m not fond of.

1 Like