Xbox First Party games going to 70$

I will need to stack gamepass, undoubtedly that has to rise to as well right?

Not likely in my opinion.

Xbox is still in growth with Gamepass and they will want the SmartTV Gamepass app to start growing soon. Also PC Gamepass is competing with Steam dominance. And Xbox Series is competing with market share against PlayStation / Nintendo.

2 Likes

September 2025 here. I will be able to add another 3 months in a couple weeks. I’m definitely keeping the sub maxed out with free MS Rewards now. It should be cheaper to extend time before any possible price increases down the road. I didn’t always keep it topped off, but now I will.

3 Likes

Being an old fuddy duddy. I like to own my games. So game pass for me is more of a extensive demo platform. Which gives the added flexibility of waiting for something to eventually go on sale. So I’ll still not be paying £70.

2 Likes

My gamepass expires tomorrow, but I already bought 36 month gold to do the trick

6 Likes

It’s just the normal detractors, first it was all games will be filled with MTX to make up for lost money and when that didn’t happen it was moved to well the games will lose quality and won’t be good then that didn’t happen and now we’re on the next phase of well the price is gonna go up it has too therefore it’s bad.

Once the price goes up they’re gonna be like “SEE WE TOLD YOU ALL WHY DID YOU ALL SAY IT WOULDNT HAPPNE HAHA LISTEN TO US” when “us” have been saying yeah no shit sherlock.

4 Likes

Expected.

I appreciate them waiting until true next gen games are out before charging $70 for it.

3 Likes

Eventually? Absolutely

But I wouldn’t expect anything within the next year at least, they still have a lot of growth to be had across PC and mobile and Series consoles havn’t even hit their true potential stride yet

They’ve been saying this for the last 3 years and when it finally happens like maybe 2 years from now they’ll be like “see I told you, it might have taken 5 years but I was right”

Like no shit it’s gonna go up eventually

3 Likes

It works for any product. Just predict a price increase every week… eventually, someday, you’ll be right.

3 Likes

The value of Gamepass increased in one fell swoop.

I personally don’t understand this reasoning as I think it’s fair and appropriate to look at each product on their own and factor in anticipation, brand recognition, amount of features, style of gameplay, and replayability to each product’s price.

To me it makes sense to charge $50 for Game X, $70 for Game Y, and even $80 for Game Z… All under the same publisher.

1 Like

To be expected it industry wide now, Nintendo will do the same when Switch 2 comes

1 Like

I would think that Callisto Protocol being 70 euros wouldn’t go to 80 because it’s already 70 and it isn’t a 1st party published game which is what this is talking about? But maybe I missed something.

Ah yes, my bad.

I mean, just like with Sony, there’s nothing saying that Krafton couldn’t up prices on specific individual games or across the board any way, so it is possible, just not likely for right now unless something changes.

I think unfortunately the ones that were early on the $70 bandwagon are the likeliest to jump on a higher price due to more recent inflation. The jump to 70 was to deal with not increasing earlier supposedly, so it wouldn’t be shocking. At the same time, hopefully no one wants to be the first to do that.

announcing price increase on the same day Phil tweeting about the TGA event this week. hmm… gives me a convidence on what they’re gonna show at the event.

1 Like

disgusting

good luck with that, you won’t see me paying 80€ for a game

2 Likes

Luckily they are on Gamepass, otherwise it’d be a hard pass - wiggles eyebrows in dad mode -

We have a service for people who don’t want to pay full price, it called “GamePass”

4 Likes

I don’t know of any subscription that has increased price by 50% at the baseline. I expect at most like 20%.

Isn’t that illegal?

1 Like