Xbox family line-up (Activision Blizzard extend)

It will be interesting to see how it is presented. I think they will have the PlayStation name in there somewhere though, unlike some… “PC Game Pass” pffft.

Well, they will have to come up with something as Game Pass by itself is a nice name. But yeah, PC Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass, Mobile Game Pass doesn’t sound that nice.

I kinda like name Microsoft Gaming, but Microsoft is too corporate name.

The branding is all over the place now. MicrosoftGamingEra sounds a bit… lame f.e.

Add to that all the launchers they now have (and will have). Xbox Game Pass App (crappy), Bethesda launcher and potentially Battle.net. Also they release the games in Steam. Then we have to keep in mind that the games they develop will have Bethesda or ATVI branding too… In that regard, Playstation branding is just superior. Xbox naming was nice, but I am not sure how it’s gonna grow.

Microsoft Gaming sounds kinda nice like for example Microsoft Cloud Gaming, because Xbox does not feel like all encompassing brand. And it feels kinda detached from Microsoft too. Well, they are in a tough spot.

Hope they will resolve it within 10 years, because the competitors - who are better in marketing and worldwide branding - are not sleeping. And it quite often happens when inferior service is more popular than a superior one due to the marketing.

1 Like

Xbox is the only even remotely sexy product Microsoft have, I think it’s superweird to not lean into that.

Uhm, what’s the topic of this thread? It’s so far from the original post that I can’t even tell anymore.

Closing this thread because it’s literally what the XGS/1st Party OT is for.