Xbox Era Extra Life Charity Stream 12pm EDT - November 5th, 2022 - Live on Twitch!

DM sent good sir

1 Like

Holy cow, woke up to another $125 in donations overnight. Thank you! We’re nearly at $1200 now.

I’ve turned the incentives back on, they’ll be available until the end of the day.

5 Likes

Great job, Jesse! Lovely to see.

2 Likes

Whoa! That’s amazing, so glad this did as amazing as it did. Glad I could contribute in a small way!

2 Likes

@TornRaptor thank you!

That’s alright mate, I have been on night shift and very busy lately and have only just started to catch up on all I have missed. Noticed you mentioned it on the Podcast, so thought I would help out a bit.

3 Likes

Happy New Year, Gamers!

Welcome to Extra Life 2023 and congratulations and thank you for an amazing Extra Life 2022! Collectively, our gamers helped to raise over $30,000 for our patients at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital. Extra Lifers like you make an important impact for kids like Maya, thank you.

The new year is the perfect time to kickstart your Extra Life campaign. We encourage you to register here today for Extra Life 2023 and create a fundraising plan for the whole year – plan a Facebook Fundraiser for your birthday, make plans for Tabletop Appreciation Weekend in August, and plan to lead or join a team in November for Game Day.

Will you kickstart your year by fundraising and playing games for patients like Maya?

MEET MAYA

Maya, age 8, is our 2023 Local CMN Hospitals Champion & Ambassador for Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital!

Maya has received 2 heart transplants at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, the first when she was only 7 months old. Maya’s biological parents were drug users, so she never received prenatal or postnatal care, and was born with opiates in her system. Her medical foster parents were able to officially adopt her when she was 3 years old.

Maya did well over the years, until in 2021 when she became sick with pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP) and nearly died. The lung fungus is more likely to affect kids like Maya who have had a transplant or cancer and are immunocompromised. She was hospitalized for 34 days, fighting for her life.

Maya survived, but remained lethargic and unlike herself. She ended up back in the hospital where the heart team determined she would need another transplant, and Maya and her family began their seven-month stay while waiting for her new heart.

The day finally arrived when they got the call for her new heart. She was bouncing back within days and able to go home April 2022, just in time for a fun-filled summer.

We look forward to continue sharing Maya’s journey with you this year as our 2023 local champion.

Thank you for your continued support of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and Johns Hopkins All Children’s! We hope you’ll join us for another year of playing games to help heal kids!

For the Kids,

Erica

3 Likes