XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I thought calling a part of the PS fanbase Cult was a bit much but with each day it makes more and more sense. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

This is looking good! Real-time combat too. Very nice it’s coming to Xbox too. I know some other SAO games came to Xbox, but that’s not always a guarantee for the next one.

It is gonna get worse next year.

Xbox has gotten every SAO console game since 2018

They did port some older ones to Switch in that time period though. Unfortunately when Bamco does a late Switch port of a PS game they don’t bring it to Xbox too.

2 Likes

Not to mention many of the so called "gaming Youtubers " they follow are much the same way. I honestly believe many of them would not touch games before they went mainstream that one could get popular covering them. Most of the channels barely talk about games and are more focused on drama.

3 Likes

The Extra Life page will be open for donations until the end of the year, but I’ve turned the game code incentives back on for at least today as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They basically draw their own self worth based on the success of the platform/product they’ve attached themselves to. It’s weird and I don’t understand it. Like, they had nothing to do with that game receiving a 90+ on metacritic, so why does it matter so much to them? I prefer the Xbox ecosystem, but I’ve never derived any sense of pride from the brand or any particular exclusive “reviewing well”. I do want the brand and its games it to be successful because competition is good, but beyond that I do not care at all.

Honestly, I want every game to score well, because that means more good/well received games I can try out. I just don’t get why videogames have to be taken so seriously. It’s entertainment, relax.

6 Likes

At least they didn’t pull Story of Seasons where they gave up and then the new one, they went back on it.

There is so much pre hype for these big games like GOW, elden ring, cyberpunk etc. that it feels like fans of the studios or consoles have already made up their minds that the games will be 10/10 and spend all their time trying to convince others that if they don’t share the same opinion, they are just wrong. Obviously, a lot of these reviewers get sucked up the hype too.

Another thing I’ve noticed is how devs celebrate these meta scores, you don’t see other artists and actors celebrate the review scores of the song and movies as much.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/1589228644135997440

Article on how PC gaming has drastically become popular in Japan. Thanks to factors like more JP games being on PC now, Steam’s JP storefront being heavily improved since the first iteration, PS5 being too hard to get, and more.

I’m waiting for MS to do another Hololive/Vtuber sponsored stream for PC Game Pass again because these streamers were another huge factor in PC’s growth there lol.

The final line in the article is even:

For foreign PC game makers specifically, there can be no doubt it has never been simpler to enter the Japanese market than today.

4 Likes

Everything started with PC and everything will end with PC

1 Like

:smile: At the 0:07 mark, they don’t care at this point. :laughing:

3 Likes

God of war ragnarok will be forgotten in like 2 months. Games like souls games and bgs games are constantly played.

1 Like

I do like this premise (quoted below) from the article you linked, with emphasis on the basic concept:

I specifically disagree with his stance on free speech, because I think that it depends on your interpretation of what free speech means. If you allow the most intolerant voices to be as loud as they want to, you’re going to shut down voices of different opinions as well. So allowing free speech by just allowing all speech is not actually leading to free speech, it just leads to a cesspit of hate.

I think that is a very uniquely American idea of creating this marketplace of ideas where you can say anything you want completely without limits. It is very foreign to the German mindset where we, in our Constitution, our number one priority is maintaining human dignity. And so, hate speech is not part of the German concept of free speech, for example. So I think that when Elon Musk says that everything’s gonna be allowed, or whatever, I generally disagree with that.

In other news that you simply can’t make up, Twitter has asked some laid off folks to return:

3 Likes

Interesting take. 2018 is still talked about by many as one of the best games ever, and Ragnarok I’ve heard referred to as essentially the second part of an epic story. People are viewing this almost as one big game, divided into parts. Whether you feel that way or not is subjective, but to act like people are just going to forget about Ragnarok seems silly.

6 Likes

really hate the new youtube update on desktop since going to video and recently upload doesn’t really show recently upload you really have to go to the home of the youtuber to see the newest and recent upload

1 Like

Back in 2017 a lot of Nintendo toxic fanboys didn’t react very well to Stephanie Sterling review of Zelda. And just yesterday some Xbox fans were harassing Geoff Keighley over last year Forza Horizon „snubb” at TGA. It’s not just certain groups of PlayStation fans, that are immature and toxic. They just are most visible, because statistically there are more of them.

3 Likes

But it is a valid concern no? Games like Forza Horizon won’t ever join the final Game of Year award list (not genre specific). In fact TGA list last year had Nintendo and the games that can be played on Playstation no?

3 Likes

That’s no reason for harassment and he wasn’t responsible for that snubb

Geoff is quite openly biased towards Sony. It is not a secret.

2 Likes