Xbox Developer_Direct Showcase coming January 25th. Redfall, Forza Motorsport, ESO, and Minecraft Legends. Starfield show in the works

This format is far superior imo, feels like much more effort was put in due to multiple dev dialogue sections and in studio segments. Felt “premium”, hate how that word is used but it felt like this show was a step above some other similar shows.

9 Likes

Haha, it indeed felt Premium. Spot on.

I just love the fact they have their own identity rather than part by part copy the format. Sony is far too blatant. Don’t get me wrong, if it’s not broke don’t fix it, but try something interesting that speaks for you. That’s what Xbox did.

1 Like

I thought the format was okay. I felt each section was a little long and without the Hi-Fi Rush surprise it would have dragged quite a bit. I’d like each section shortened by a couple of minutes, it would be nice to have some sort of surprise akin to Hi-Fi (but maybe not as big) and maybe add a Game Pass sizzle real in the middle. Also change the name. It pigeon holes you into what each section needs to be. Xbox Direct would be perfect, but obviously it can’t be that.

2 Likes

To me, it felt perfect that way, even shorter than I expected for some games.

6 Likes

They made a two minute recap version for people with your taste lol.

5 Likes

Thankfully you are in the minority and the feedback on it has been overwhelmingly positive.

Each section shortened by a couple of minutes? So take out all the developers chatting and talking, lol

I’m fed up with the need to have everything blasted at me at 100mph and not being able to breathe as it’s just game after game after…

Giving the devs their own spotlight along with the game they’ve been making for years has been something this industry has needed for a long long time. We need to associate games and there development with real humans and hopefully that can start to impact the discourse around them in a positive manner.

14 Likes

What are you talking about? Each section was entirely the devs talking about their game. Some of the games were getting close to 10 minutes (I think Redfall was even longer than that). I just think 5-7 minutes per game would be fine and if they want to do a deeper dive do what Forza is doing. I still liked it, I just don’t think it was perfect. Some people here need to chill and not be so fucking defensive.

5 Likes

It’s a YouTube video. If you need room to breathe pause the video and come back when you’re ready.

People really aren’t happy with anything are they

3 Likes