Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021- June 13th @ 10AM PST/1PMEST/6PMBST- Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

I think showing game logos way in advance actually works. That’s why we got Zelda BotW2, The Elder Scrolls 6 and God of War Ragnarok reveals the way we did.

They just work.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a good show, folks .

3 Likes

I have no problem with a CG trailer for an initial announcement of a game as long as it goes dark for a year or two until there is something more substantial.

We are still very much in the “don’t have games” phase and people outside of forums like this probably don’t know that Obsidian could actually be working on this game in addition to Avowed.

The game play only squad needs to relax, its all about balance.

1 Like

Didn’t work last year.

Granted I’m not entirely sure the negative responses to the CGI logo fest wasn’t because of :craig:

It didn’t work last year because of quantity of them. Of the only CG trailer was Fable, nobody would have complained.

It didn’t work for people who already knew about Fable and Avowed.

I saw a lot of people who bought an Xbox because of the prospects of new RPG’s. Hence why I think E3 works a lot better for people who don’t read gaming news each day.

2 Likes

The new rumor about an ip acquisition could be related to Typhoon? Did Jez confirm Typhoon is a NEW ip?

Well those are incredible franchises with strong legacy, ToW2 is not nearly as famous.

I agree on you that CGs are ok, but announcing too early isn’t.

1 Like

Death Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

Oh, I agree. But combine it with announcements for Fable, Avowed and Starfield and you see what Microsoft is trying to do.

(Not saying they are showing The Outer Worlds 2 by the way, I have no clue :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Its past time they adopt the state of play/direct format.

1 Like

Maybe play some games instead of waiting 3 years to play one game :wink: makes time go a lot faster.

2 Likes

I hope for the best of the show, hope they know what they’re doing this time around.

Was a joke Suiker …

Sipping Boba Fett GIF

1 Like

You still need to learn to appreciate Sea of Thieves! So much work to be done…

1 Like

Tbh I have no idea what a TOW2 announcement this early is supposed to do. Maybe just hammer down that this bad boy is Now an Xbox IP?

The only thing that makes sense…

But it’s not like TOW I set the world on fire.

I did enjoy it co-op style because of all the banter and funny things that happen so Im halfway there!

1 Like

Sold like 3.5m for a new “indy” IP. I reckon it did lol.