Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021- June 13th @ 10AM PST/1PMEST/6PMBST- Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

1 Like

Nobody expected State of Decay last year, so anything can happen. But personally I believe it’s too early. They are still growing as a studio (just moved to a new place too I believe) and I imagine building a team in COVID/WFH must be quite the task.

But they could have a CGI trailer ready for sure. Just not expecting it.

3 Likes

Brit it just makes no sense (to me) for Avowed to go awol this E3 but TOW2 is rumored to make a cgi appearance

1 Like

So you would prefer if they’d wait another year with a CGI trailer for TOW2?

2 Likes

Look, I’m still excited for E3, I am every year, (Moreso this year because with GOW and GT7 being cross-gen I don’t have to exactly rush out to get a PS5 yet :stuck_out_tongue: )

Some of us are just taking the piss out of each other with the so called “negativity”

Some of us are just annoyed that we still have to wait another year until we start getting the good shit.

Some of us are just warey because Microsoft has been known to “own goal” themselves so hard.

That being said, some of the negativity is frustrated criticism that some of us have difficulty expressing in a constructive manner.

No we don’t want to be an overly negative sight, but some of us want our voices to be heard that sometimes, these are bad calls.

For example, IF Avowed does indeed have a good looking vertical slice that is indeed ready, per Sponger and NateDrake, yet was pulled and replaced with a CGI trailer for TOWII, I think that’s a dumb decision that should be called out.

But that’s me.

I’m still hopeful for the future and will probably be a lot more quiet once Flight Sim and Psycho2 drop.

It’s the lack of first party output right now that’s driving up bonkers.

1 Like

I’ve started to look at this from another angle, I think that all this resistance to Xbox is simply because it’s set on the path of winning this gen.

PlayStation will have great games, but it won’t be able to keep up at all, like 2 years from right now, Xbox will have more next-gen only games than PlayStation, all on gamepass.

This resistance is just the fear of change, of having to buy another console trying something new…

They’ll come around, wether they like it or not.

2 Likes

We’d prefer to actually show Avowed if it’s a good looking verticle slice gameplay as Sponger and NateDrake say, then hold off on it and show ANOTHER CGI trailer.

4 Likes

What Prog said

1 Like

Yeah, I would love a vertical slice from Avowed too! But if Obsidian wants to polish it a bit more and show it at Gamescom, X021 or The Game Awards then I’m all for that.

Those two things aren’t linked. A CGI trailer for a game years away and a vertical gameplay slice from two different teams at Obsidian.

4 Likes

Just going from E3 reveal to an XO or a Gamescom seems like a downgrade to me.

Then Microsoft will have 2 space rpg’s seemingly debuting in the same show. We know the difference but you know the media and casuals wont care.

It is when Microsoft is still fighting off the demons off last year.

More CGI trailers = More “Xbox games are far away” narrative

I mean people in this thread think most XGS games are 2024/2025/2026!

But that’s just Hindle :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s truly no way to know what motivated the decision of wating to reveal Avowed, and I’m ok with this.

But we’ve been told about the focus on gameplay and revealing a game that’ll take 2 years to make, will just add to the waiting list.

They could’ve just waited until E3 2022 to reveal TOW2 like a bang with gameplay and all, would make more sense to me.

2 Likes

You guys act like its a fact that there is a demo ready to go. Grubb says it wasn’t ready and he was the one that was correct.

1 Like

Most XGS games will be 2023/2024. Some will be 2021, some will be 2022.

We do not know if it’s a Microsoft or an Obsidian decision to not show Avowed. We can’t judge the reasoning behind it. I’m sure everyone would love to see Avowed. But if there are reasons why they are delaying that, then I can’t judge that as I do not have the info.

I find this ‘judging a conference’ before the conference thing a little silly to be honest. We didn’t expect 2018 to as amazing as it was. We expected 2019 and 2020 to be amazing and they were just okay/good.

Let’s wait and see.

2 Likes

I think really, alot of this stems from Microsoft continued insistence on an “E3 or Bust” style of presentation.

Waiting for Avowed verticle slice would be alot easier if we knew we didn’t have to “Wait for E3/Gamescom/X0/TGA”.

I mean, could you imagine a deep-dive on Avowed, out of fucking nowhere, like Sony did with Horizon II?

That should be the goal. I’d be okay with Avowed not being at E3, if we randomly see it on an August afternoon live-stream, but we’re not, because Microsoft plans it’s unviewlings on the schedule of the gaming conventions, not on their own schedule.

Microsoft needs to start dictating when to show games, not be depended on big gaming events.

2 Likes

I think it’s fine not to show Avowed since there could be a lot of reasons for it not being there.

But showing TOW2 now doesn’t make sense to me. Feels like another Everwild reveal, showing it just to say “we have games” then waiting a long ass time for it to come out.

Yep. The concensus was that Avowed wasn’t going to be at E3 prior to Spronger and Nate suggesting otherwise, so I don’t see why there is much of a debate since Grubb was proven to be more correct than those two.

Some are debating as if the rumours are facts when they are not.

1 Like

I agree on this by the way. But I also love E3 week, so a bit torn.

But a stream like they did with Age of Empires should be something they do for every big game. 3-6 months before release.

(So not for Avowed yet :wink: )

2 Likes

Hopefully.