Xbox + Bethesda E3 2021- June 13th @ 10AM PST/1PMEST/6PMBST- Pre-E3 Discussion Thread!

We are going through that again aren’t we…

5 Likes

Would absolutely be bat shit crazy in my opinion. Someone here today said MP won’t ever look as good as campaign, you don’t fully impress with just showing MP. A slice of what’s to come in campaign will get people to notice. And that’s 100% true.

The fact that we ended up here with “they might not show it” is in itself just crazy, but…here we are. You’d think with your flagship franchise that got a lot of criticism last year that it be a given for them to have a campaign demo along with some MP. Sounds like it will be…nope!

Now I’ll take on another subject before I’m being told again I’m nothing but doom posting and what not.

Thisssssss so much! It seems many just don’t seem to grasp this, the way these games are presented will mean everything.

This I refuse to believe, because three years ago we already had that announcement teaser, which is very similar to how Skyrim was announced during Game Awards. Todd and team know very well how badly folks are waiting for this and it’s also in the official E3 artwork. I’m guessing a trailer like the first Fallout 4 trailer, which debuted a few days before E3.

After that garbage-looking campaign reveal last year we need a do-over. I’d like a nice set-piece level with graphics that look like the Discover Hope 2019 trailer. Anything less than Discover Hope quality will be a huge disappointment.

1 Like

Discover Hope is the one with Chief and the pilot, the cutscene?

I think Halo Infinite will come close to that imo, atleast the cutscenes will. In last year’s July showcase, there were other snippets of MC and the pilot at the end that looked close to what was shown in the 2019 trailer.

Yes, that’s true.

I still have hopes that the outdoors location will look similar to the 2018 trailer. It was a engine trailer, but the lighting was great there. Also really liked the wildlife and the part with the sand area. With that trailer they really set up expectations for me, actually thought we’d definitely get those visuals. Maybe we will, or close.

1 Like

It’s the same for Gears too. Millions of people are only interested in the campaign.

3 Likes

Any game that purports to be a “tentpole” for a platform HAS to have the best graphics available for that platform. If it was based on playability, audience size etc, MS would open e3 with Solitaire or Age of Empires. It’s as simple as that.

Opening and closing slots are for the eye candy.

3 Likes

Perhaps, the game won’t match what was shown in the 2018 trailer in terms of fidelity, but the recent screenshots indicate it is shaping up nicely regardless.

2 Likes

Rand isn’t wrong. First impressions and great visuals is extremely important because it reels the person into the game. If a game looks like crap and doesn’t impress me in general, why would I waste my time? Halo Infinite needs to look amazing in it’s re-reveal because if it doesn’t or if the campaign doesn’t get shown with those new visuals, how can anyone expect others like me to be hyped for the game itself?

Hopefully this is the right place for this.

So apparently (according to Jeff) MS wanted to pay for the Elden Ring reveal at their own E3 event. And Bandai pretty much gave it for free…to Geoff Keighley to reveal it at his Summer Game Fest event.

WTF ? Any guesses what the reason could be ? Doesn’t really make much sense. Bandai did MS dirty I feel. MS has the marketing rights as well. And then this happens. Why would a corporation give up free money ? Maybe they thought SGF would have a larger audience ? Not like E3 wouldn’t. I’m baffled.

That sounds like gossip that no one could possibly have enough detailed information on to credibly speculate.

But the tea leaves says… also Jupiter is in alignment with Neptune and stuff. Hello!

1 Like

Geoff’s life partner called the head of Bandai-Namco and offered them an on-screen roll as an insurance adjuster in his next game

E3 coming up and somehow Everwild most likely being missing has gone under the radar.

Realistically what do you people think about the game shown so far and what will it end up being?? If its another type of sea of thieves I will respectfully skip lol.

It will be like Sea of Thieves

Just more…Forest of Nice Folk

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

1 Like

Good news though, this one will have pets AT LAUNCH

1 Like