Xbox August Event - What’s your Wild Speculation

Batman as an xbox exclusive Character for the Suicude Squad game :rofl:

Can´t get any crazier than Banjo-Kazooie :joy:

Is it already confirmed if we are going to have an actual event or some separate announcements?

My wild prediction is that there will be nothing wild. No new games, no big service changes and prices in the 300/500 range everyone is expecting.

1 Like

I’d like to see a graphical powerhouse. Something that will show the power of the Series X and is releasing soon.

I think they will call it “Xbox Hardware Showcase” and focus on price, release, ui and sku’s with 1 game or 2 to show things of. Probably nothing new but from the game showcase or some back compat stuff to show what the new generation of xbox can do for that. Would make me happy.

Probably a bunch of articles/videos posted rather than an event imo. I mean they did just have a game showcase 2 weeks ago, expecting another one so soon seems a bit too good to be true.

1 Like

You know what? If they’d use the original song in Series X commercials I’d be totally down for that! Worked for Deadpool, don’t see why it wouldn’t work for Xbox!

And don’t forget the #XGonGiveItToYa at the bottom of the screen at the end of the commercial for maximum impact!

1 Like

So did they drop their plans for a monthly inside Xbox to cover the Series X? I know we didn’t get anything in June but I was hoping that would be an oddity.

Ok let’s see. (way out hopes and dreams)

1. Upload studio gets a massive update to compete with Share foctory
  2. Series X price and pre orders
  3. New UI
  4. Ability to share images from external dvr drive
1 Like

I want learn more about their auto hdr.

1 Like

Silent Hill.

@zedox and @Shpeshal_Nick finally get their vindication of the MP paywall being torn down.

1236166696_the_fall_of_the_berlin_wall_-_the_cool_aid_guy

2 Likes

I really want to see something first party that no one has heard of or knows is coming. Sometimes leaks are fun, but then sometimes it makes it so that you kind of expect all the announcements. Fable was among my favorite announcements last month, but… I had heard from the other forum and from a few other places that it was happening a long time ago.

Of all the first party studio games we saw in July, As Dusk Falls (XGS publishing) was the only one which I believe was “first party” which I hadn’t heard of in some way before. Thankfully it also seemed pretty interesting to me, but I wanted to see more games we don’t know anything about. May had more new games I hadn’t heard of, though many or all? were third party. I really liked Bright Memory: Infinite, Call of the Sea, The Ascent. My hope for August is something we don’t know about, coming within a year, preferably 1st party game or publishing.

If they do show things we have heard of before, news that Tunic or 12 Minutes will be out soon would be great.

2 Likes

Just a random thought: Maybe the Series X has a profile that lets it play games in Series S mode that’s system wide and doesn’t require dev input to improve performance. Don’t even know if this is possible, but would be a cool feature.

This is a bit out there, so seems to be in keeping with the thread… :blush:

I’m sure others have speculated elsewhere, but wouldn’t Phil’s interview on Animal Talking next week be a perfect place for him to drop some news? The show has a decent audience, is available on YouTube afterwards, and gets some good write up coverage and word of mouth, and also… Just would be a different audience for Xbox from their normal, so it might be a fun way to drop something like a game announcement or if I’m really stretching, pricing (spoiler: not likely).

1 Like

I’ll just toss this into the ring since most other reasonable guesses have been covered:

I hope MS announces that the Series X controller is available soon/immediately and that all Xbox Design Lab controllers from this point on will be Series X controllers.

I’m really not sure that MS will announce price. Sony isn’t going to do so before this event, and for those who are appalled Nintendo set the standard. I expect both MS And Sony to reveal price sometime in September, with a launch in November.

I also expect the PS5 and SX to be the same price. What will be interesting is just where SS and the DE PS5 fall in the pricing spectrum

My guess would be $299 for SS, $399 for DE PS5, and the others at $499. If MS could get below $299 that would be ideal, but I don’t really think it is possible, or even their priority. Series S will be bundled with a GP deal of some kind, and will be fully digital

Would love to see a PD reveal, especially if third person

Initiative game reveal (not Perfect Dark?)

Perfect Dark reveal (Coalition?)

Studio Acquisitions: Asobo, Bloober, People Can Fly

Japan Studio: acquisition (Mistwalker) or new studio formation

Big 3rd party reveal: Ryse 2/Crytek or something from Capcom (Deep Down or Lost Planet reboot)

Hellblade 2 in engine gameplay

Compulsion game teaser?

Lockhart reveal & price ($199) with 3 months of game pass

Xbox live folded into game pass @ $9.99 month (console only) and savings if bought in 6mth/12mth increments

Game Pass ultimate still $15 but with xCloud added

1 Like

Sign me up for this! Ryse 2 would be awesome and definitely showcase the graphical capabilities!

Hopefully they will reveal the exact date of this event on Monday.

1 Like