Xbox at Tokyo Game Show 2022 | September 15

Playism, Marvelous & XSEED ?

I guess they have to wait and see the result with that big day one release.

Playism’s gotten Game Pass checks before. Marvelous and XSEED are the same company. It’s true that they’ve been doing Xbox without Game Pass so far. I do still wonder if a deal happened there though.

Playism released a lot of games without Game Pass incentive. But yeah, let’s see what happens.

If we go by Spike and Atlus as of recent, it’s (oddly) early to count out the like of Gust.

There is not much Xbox can do with small studios in Japan. Even those are basically releasing the games on PS4 with BC for PS5. And Xbox One was dead so a lot of devs don’t even want to bother with it.

SoP not even worth it on sale. I really regret paying even 50 bucks for this game.

I mean, the one in question, Gust, is owned by Koei Tecmo (major publisher). I’m just wishing Xbox got their games while talking to Koei. Them alone would patch a huge JRPG hole.

I said this before but I wonder if there just not being enough resources for an Xbox port is a factor. I was saying I think Xbox may have to acquire/build a porting studio in Japan. Soul Hackers 2 on Xbox was outsourced to Artdink. Atlus only made the PS version internally.

Gust still being a holdout is frustrating, but while it’s only Ryza I’m not too upset.

Getting Falcom on board for Kiseki/Ys should be priority. Why this hasn’t happened yet beggars belief.

Fingers crossed for TGS

Do we know how long this will be?

1 hour I guess?

1 Like
13 Likes
7 Likes

Phil Spencer will also be at TGS

7 Likes

Bond and Spencer both in person. Hope they can forge some new relationships there. They need to make sure we get more japanese games on Xbox.

6 Likes

Stream dead?

It’s tomorrow.

Ahh kk lool

I really hope they will announce some cool games. Both Nintendo Direct and SoP was really really solid. I don’t expect exclusives or big third party reveals (we can safely leave them to Sony) though…

Will there be an English stream?