Xbox announces Developer_Direct for January 18th - Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade II and more

It wasnt in reference to the previous game but just in general a shorter tighter experience.

Hopefully this means the FF games we so badly want…too. We’ll see. But I don’t have doubts about Dragon Quest anymore, that all should be fine and other new upcoming games.

“This is Dan, we started in his basement” :joy:

8 Likes

these developer directs are soooooo much better than the old stuff xbox used to do. huge kudos!

7 Likes

Yep great show so far, really excited for all these games

1 Like

It’s Ford after all! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Indy looks incredible!

7 Likes

Holy shit Indy looked incredible. Might be a controversial take as I see everyone wanting 3rd person but 1st person was the better decision.

12 Likes

I’m so confused! No PS version? I thought xbox was going third person???

/s

2 Likes

OMG they did it Indy looks amazing, it already has a better stroy then the last couple of movies and it looks perfect.

Crazy that they nailed it

10 Likes

Anyone bitching about 1st 0erson bs 3rd person is showing their Sony trained walkng sim colors, this looked awesome

10 Likes

That was simply amazing, and I am happy they didn’t decide to make an uncharted/tomb raider clone. This game felt unique and we know Machine Games will nail the first person controls.

14 Likes

Personally I wished there was a better balance of the two views, because when you do see third person it looks so cool! But it is what it is. It looks really good overall.

Seems they are using young Ford likeness after all, some how?

I suppose a spot in a high production value Developer Direct could be enticing to third parties. :thinking:

Excellent show, all the games looked great!

3 Likes

Indiana Jones, Avowed, Visions of Mana, all looked fantastic. I found myself surprised by how hyped i am for Ara now.

7 Likes

Avowed received a significant visual upgrade, that was very noticeable. Combat needs a bit more work, some of it looked a bit…stiff?

Biggest visual difference is lighting.

1 Like

I wasn’t the most excited on Indy before but after the showing it’s probably the most I’m looking forward to alongside Avowed. I expected them to go the by-the-book formulaic licenced IP game, but it’s obvious they’re doing their own thing, and from a Wolf fan, I can already see their strengths shining. I understand ones who wanted to be 3rd person, but I think what matters is if it’s gonna be a good game, and it looks like it.

6 Likes

I feel that is the kind of stuff you need to play yourself to see how it is.

6 Likes

I want this as a dynamic background. Ngl I’m so hyped to return to Eora. Love this franchise.

17 Likes

Yeah it’s one of the nicest pieces of artwork I have seen:

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1748081251045781927?t=4g23QtPy5LZv8Zj78ltd6g&s=19

5 Likes