Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Hasnt apple tried to enter streaming tv and movies and been horrible at it?

They just won the Oscar for best picture. Apple One subs are growing, but true they haven’t hit the streaming app hype like Disney. But I wouldn’t count them out. They have double the cash reserve of Microsoft. Over $200 Billion. They can buy their way in.

Apple does have a lot of cash but one of the main reasons is because they dont do big acquisitions. Its largest ever was 3 billion for beats.

They could enter gaming but its unlikely that they buy a gaming company.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s usually their RND creating a disruptive product. I definitely believe they would never compete in higher-end gaming consoles against Xbox or Playstation, it would be a growth of Apple Arcade. A stronger Apple tv box. AR/VR glasses, Mac gaming or even an iPhone/iPad gaming platform.

Apple isn’t Xbox people, make a thread if you need to.

Quick pointers for that thread:

The rumor of an Apple game console is a decade old and they’ve dipped in and out of gaming for longer… believe it when I see it, essentially.

Also, ATV+ is doing phenomenally critically (I agree with most of the reception as well) and it’s subscribers are growing… but even that isn’t related to the question of an Apple console or Xbox :wink:

1 Like

Alright :crazy_face:. I’m waiting for Microsoft to acquire Valve in the coming years, then finally release an Xbox handheld. Goodnight.

1 Like

In this case, Nick could be right.

The shows are actually great, but I think they have less than 30 million subscribers.

The world of subscriptions is definitely getting more difficult to break unless you have IP (like Disney+).

The wife and I enjoyed watching The Morning Show etc.

EDIT: Sorry Knottian just saw your post afterwards - will shut up.

In terms of the steaming services war for movie/tv Netflix was the first in market but a lot there show were licensed ip eg daredevil from third party’s and they do not own the rights so there stagnating. Disney IPs and production helps them stand apart from the rest

I kind of compare this to Microsoft and Sony although game pass was first and is successful when Sony starts being competitive and makes games day one on ps plus there production and ip clout is much higher.

Sony using its gaming ip and starting to produce tv shows and moves based on them to widen there appeal. The big outlier in both console subscriptions services and movie/tv subscriptions is Warner brothers discovery they have so much ip that has been miss used.

The point is for Microsoft game pass to be more successful and appeal to more of a common audience they need more wide know ip whilst also using there gaming and expanded in to tv and movie

I believe Microsoft must snap up Warner brothers discovery they would own ip like dc Harry porter lord of the rings etc and can make shows/ movies based on Xbox game studio,Zenimax and Activision and bizzard ip. Imagine elder scrolls, doom, fallout, halo gears, fable, World of Warcraft, Crash and Sypro etc Cartoon Network and hbo max would help wident he appeal of these ip

In terms of the gaming side they will own Major studio with the purchase such as rocksteady, neatherealm, tt games. Monolith productions, avalanche softwares and wb Montreal that means there can be superman ki vs mortal kombat wonder banjo/halo Lego women justice league rpg and Batman beyond game this would be able to attract the causal of vedio games. Owning all this ip means there own Xbox game studios, zenimax and actvsion and bizzard can work on them. The other point I want being up is second party games Microsoft could attract a lot of devs to develop for them if it was for dc, Harry poster or lord of the ip imagine how many second party games can be to feed game-pass and be exclusive to the Xbox eco system. Maybe even a games of thrones game would be cool,

1 Like

The thing is that Sony’s big IPs are all coming from late PS3-PS4 with Uncharted, Last of US, God Of War.

All other IPs are third party IPs and that’s why Microsoft is buying publishers to get as many IPs as possible on their platform.

WD does not own them.

1 Like

they own the game licences this and could own the previous movies made by new line after they buy wbd they can buy the lord of the rings ip too

LOTR is not owned by WD and who cares about old movies?

They could buy it from the Cosmo by that owned it or licences for for games

They could do that without acquiring WD.

All I can see is Microsoft getting NRS with MK IP (maybe TT too). I don’t see WB selling DC IPs or provide any exclusive rights to Batman IP to Microsoft.

Sony own HorZion spiderman IPs too very big Microsoft need there own big ones like Batman

Spider-man IP is big, though it is kinda a peculiar situation with Spiderman there. Very specific situation.

Microsoft should buy the whole water brothers discovery of at and y and own all the movie tv and gamin good they own sure they would sell fire right price 60/70 billon

Yeah, they would be around 60b-70b with premium (and if there is a bidding war)

Yh that’s true I just feel like cause Sony own the movie ip for Spiderman they are likely to get marvel ip for gaming exclusively like the wolverine game and the rumoured marvel multiplayer game

Not necessary. We’ll see of course.