Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

I can say capcom would cost a max of 10 billion. They answer to shareholders and said shareholders would just force a sale eventually

no they wouldn’t, a shit ton of capcom stuff already isn’t on the switch. This argument would unironically be much more fitting for SEGA since Nintendo funds bayonetta and potentially has some ownership of the IP not to mention the publishing rights for 2 and 3, the sonic series has been at home on the nintendo consoles and the mario and sonic at the olyimic series, It would still be a bad argument but it makes more sense than capcom.

Also just realised this but similar case with Ubisoft too since they have the rabbids mario cross over series, rayman is published in Japan by nintendo if I am not mistaken, games like just dance, the board game games, rayman and rabbids are at home on nintendo consoles, the starfox cross over stuff in Starlink: Battle for Atlas ect.

I personally enjoy Ubisoft games as well and play quite slot of them I’m just waiting right now unity ti he fixed so I can jump back in to that one . I was more referring to there last 2-3 year outputs as much as I liked watch dogs legion it came and went Extraction even with game pass vanished out of top 50 Rollerball came hit too 30 ( if I remember for week of launch then vanished) Hyperscape is shut down Ghost recon breakpoint has been abandoned as a gaas Far cry 6 seemed to have come and went

I hope they have a few hits with skull and bones which has potential along with a some other titles. Also the law changes in Quebec are not helping, I know a few people planning to leave due to not Ubisoft but the laws in place really messing with anyone unless you speak and read French :frowning: Which you need to take into account where that is a large part of their workforce

It should have been “Welcome to the xbox family” Sara!!

7 Likes

I just had to do a double take I was like wait what they bought spike!! As it’s not their first game on Xbox… dammit Sarah don’t you with us like that lol

2 Likes

Does Sarah have trips to Japan too? :eyes:

2 Likes

This feels like an attack toward me specifically. Lol

Nintendo and Capcom are like buddy buddy even more so then Sony & Square are

Out of all the Japanese game company for MS to potentially buy Capcom is like the very least one of that list even more so then Square even with how close Square are to Sony they are a way easier buy than Capcom

So if one day MS are able to buy Capcom would literally be the biggest gamming news for me even bigger then Bethesta & Activision purchsed

Need that game on gamepass by the way that 60 price is to steep for me

Well, I dont have any problem with the other publishers(except square), but I see what you mean

Generally ea and t2 titles use to sell more than ubisoft titles, and even if I am convinced with having sports because licenses problems, it would definitely bring more people to gamepass, I mean a ton of people using the service where convinced for the ea play titles, now if they got all of them day 1 it will be better

Peraonally I consider ea as a better option than t2, because besides rockstar in the 2k sports games, they dont have a lot, sure tere is the mafia developers, firaxis, the new studio for bioshock and zynga, but besides that?

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who fell for it :rofl:

1 Like

Me trying to convince Phil to acquire Spike…

6 Likes

This would be my dream scenario for Xbox in Japan. Won’t happen, but a man can dream.

Buy Konami or their IP and acquire a handful of studios and bring back some of the old Konami talent.

1. Kojima obviously, bring him in and have him hand off the Metal Gear IP to a successor while producing, then he could be free to work on new projects

2. Acquire Platinum Games, Hideki Kamiya has said one of his favorite series is Castlevania. I’m thinking you could bring him in and reboot a new 3D Castlevania series.

2B. Platinum Games hire Koji Igarashi and bring him in to make what he is best at, 2D MetroidVania games.

1. Acquire Good-Feel and Bokeh games, you have a lot of ex Konami talent that work here ranging from credits to Bomberman, Contra, Castlevania and Silent Hill.

3B. Maybe merge Good-Feel and Bokeh games then you would have both Keiichiro Tomoya (Silent Hill creator) and Masashi Tsuboyama (Silent Hill 2 Director) back in the same studio. Seems like a no brainer :wink:

1. Suikoden, I guess you acquire Rabbit and Bear studio. Never played Suikoden but the biggest Japan weeb Jared Petty says it’s Dragon Age meets Game of Thrones and that Suikoden ll is Final Fantasy VI level of god tier. Sounds like a hidden gem, I should try it one day.

2. Lastly I would just add some great independent studios to the fold who could bring great culture and some of their own IP.

Level-5 for more kid content. Silicon Studio, Media Vision, JP games for more JRPG’s. For Fighting possibly Arc System or give Arika Nishitani another shot with Arika games

6 Likes

I like this plan…. But now you’re tempting me to unleash mine onto the masses.

They’re not ready.:joy:

3 Likes

You can do it!!

I'm ready

1 Like

There was a rumor nis america was bringing one of their franchises to xbox, what are the odds xbox buys nippon ichi software (their parent company)? Do they have any past relationships with them?

Unless you want to have all the niche tactical RPG franchises I don’t see it happening. The. franchise they are bringing though is probably their IP Disgaea, and then bring the Xbox version of one of Nihon Falcoms games.

1 Like

2 Likes
8 Likes

Nordisk expanding is bad news for my Avalanche pitch :frowning:

Oh I realize people here wanted Supermassive too, damn.

4 Likes

Well there goes Supermassive Games just as i was discussing acquisition with NierlyCrazy they get bought up LOL

4 Likes