Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Which one is available, that one to buy :joy: Reality of the market right now is that the consoles sell without games. Also most of the consumers buy the consoles for FIFA, COD, GTA :joy: And people who always mention “Sony style game” are already basically in Sony’s pocket - general consumer just goes to the games that look cool.

God of War is a famous game and people go after the console that has this game (granted with shortages they can’t) because the game is highly acclaimed and looks good. Not because it is “Sony style game”.

I see no correlation between CD making historically third person games and PD being first person.

It was 8 years ago :roll_eyes: I mean c’mon

True, but the stock issues aren’t going to last forever (although it feels like that right now).

I meant the big cinematic pieces that CD are known for in all of their games. We still don’t know for sure how the game game will be implemented tbh. It could be similar to Gears where it goes over the shoulder for shooting and then pans out while moving around. This said I suspect it won’t be a typical first person perspective all the time if CD are involved.

That’s true, but that’s why Microsoft is aggressively pushing Game Pass to bring as many people as possible into their ecosystem.

I still don’t understand why you assume that first person game cannot have big cinematic pieces…Why CD cannot make first person games. By the same logic Horizon Forbidden West is impossible because Guerilla worked on Killzone, and Fable won’t happen because PG knows only how to make racing games :man_shrugging:

I didn’t say that? I said I expect there will be quite a few of those if CD are involved.

CD could make a first person game it’s just my personal opinion that not all of the game will be from that perspective.

My expectation for PD have been that it’s gonna have 3rd person cover mechanics, maybe with the shooting as well, but it’s generally first-person outside of cover. I gather it’s a dynamic stealth, shooter, melee & parkour spy action thriller.

1 Like

I do not expect any 3rd person cover mechanics personally. I expected Mirror’s Edge + Deus Ex basically.

Yep I’m expecting something similar.

From the concept art it looks like the environment will play a large factor in the game, so having 3rd person cover mechanics makes sense. Also it allows the user to actually see the titular character (Joanna Dark) which I feel is quite important (especially if you are trying to reboot the franchise).

Deus Ex had 3rd person cover mechanics.

Perfect Dark Zero had 3rd person cover mechanics.

2 Likes

that he found a yo-yo in his basement with xbox on it…NGL if I was a game director or higher up of a publisher I would post shit to troll people like this cos it would be funny

After SE sold SE west I think MS buying SE is more unlikely since I think MS would of wanted those studio’s and IPs from SE as well. The fact they sold them off tells me MS probably ain’t targetting them and I was a big pusher of the idea of MS buying SE so take that as you will

Why wouldn’t they be able to make GTA 6 exclusive…I get NBA and WWE but why GTA 6? Not saying they would just don’t see what would prevent them

I have a suspicion that Sony is seriously sniffing around there to prevent Starfield situation. Would not be surprised if GTA6 has a marketing deal with Sony.

It would cost a ridiculous amount of money. GTA5 earned over $1 billion in its first 3 days on the market.

Microsoft should buy EA to revive Command and Conquer. I need a new CnC game

2 Likes

I don’t think the profit is the issue there at all. Nobody expects Microsoft to return 70b in cash from ABK alone

I mean the amount of money that Take Two would be asking for exclusivity is massive.

Of course. I don’t expect anybody to get GTA6 exclusive. But in case of acquisition, Sony would pay whatever it takes in order not to get GTA6 exclusive to Xbox.

If MS was already taking to take two that worry disappears but fair

it wouldn’t cost money, you mean they would lose a fuck ton which is the same case as elder scrolls 6 when that releases (we are talking about buying take two which assuming their market cap raises to the $30 Billion range, they would cost max $45 Billion)

I stick with my prediction that MS will buy EA next

My bad, didn’t realize u were talking acquisition of Take Two

1 Like

GTA6 exclusivity in all likelihood would cost in excess of 5 billion dollars. I doubt Sony puts that kind of money up to make it exclusive. Even timed exclusivity for say 3 months would likely run 1 billion.

Xbox would likely view GTA like they do Minecraft and COD though, don’t think they’d go for exclusivity. Simply having it in gamepass and on cloud would be crazy benefits.

1 Like

Minecraft in GTA is GTA Online. I still stick to my prediction that mainline COD will be exclusive. There is no reason not to when bunch of F2P COD games exist.

Warzone is Minecraft - it even has crossovers right now too.